Friday, June 22, 2012

Friday Morning Mail Run

Friday's Boring Tracking via Ham Radio
I decided to do my "Mail Run" earlier in the day to avoid the higher afternoon heat and winds.
As I rode the quarter-mile from our dirt road to the starting end of the Frost Road bike path, I noticed someone with a pickup had parked right on the paved path.  Since this behavior infuriates me, of course I veered right over to chew them out....
And, as usual, I was wrong.  Not only was the pickup NOT on the path, but on the gravel apron adjacent to the path where many motorists park, but the driver was a rather attractive young lady with her two children unloading HER bikes and kiddo-trailer to take them for a ride.  I swallowed my grump and rode by, and her 6-ish year old son smiled hugely and said "Nice Bike!!!"  I met them, again, on the return leg of my mail run, where the young Mom was taking a breather from pulling her young daughter uphill in the bike trailer.  The boy was on his own bike and rolling, again delighted to see me.  I must admire such a nice lady who decides to take her family, without Dad, who is likely at work, for a bike ride by herself.
That hill is a tough pull, even for us wimps not pulling a trailer.
Beginning Battery Voltage: 12.7                         Ending Voltage: 12.7
Ride's Lowest Temperature: 73 degrees F -- Highest Temperature: 80.6 F
Stats from the GPS: Total Miles:      5.55
Overall average speed            Moving Avg               Max Speed
05.0 MPH                                7.1 MPH                   25.7 MPH
Total Trip time                       Moving Time             Stopped Time
1 hour 6 mins                        47 mins 14 secs        19 mins 45 secs

No comments:

Post a Comment