Monday, February 18, 2013

Another Mail Run

Limited Tracking Today for Some Reason
I'm getting tired of missing so many days riding the bike or trike so I'm tentatively committing to riding as many days as I can even if it's only a short "Mail Run" like today.  This mail run is actually pretty intense since it's a long slow pull uphill to the post office, and deep breathing (aka Huffing and Puffing) is always the order of the day.
Today was cold and windy/gusty and I was tempted to skip it but recalled when I was gainfully employed, only ice, blowing rain, or zero temperatures (which almost never happen in Albuquerque) prevented me from riding, so I sucked it up and went.
THEN, when I arrived at the Post Office, and opened my box, it was empty.  No wonder the parking lot was so empty.  Today is Presidents Day, meaning my trip for the mail was all in vain.
Which was a lucky thing for me..... Had I realized it was a holiday I would not have had the final motivation to ride the short ride today.  A little exercise is better than none, right?
My bike trackers have not been performing well recently and I'm not at all sure why.  Today it only worked about a mile from home, coming and going.  APRS coverage is pretty scant out here in the East Mountains, so it may be I have an antenna problem at my Igate here at home.  Need to check it out.....
Stats from the GPS: Total Miles:  5.58
Overall average speed            Moving Avg               Max Speed
  5.1 MPH                                 7.5 MPH                    26.6 MPH
Total Trip time                       Moving Time             Stopped Time
  1 hour 6 mins                       44 mins 33 secs         21 minutes 27 seconds

No comments:

Post a Comment