Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Tuesday Toodling

Today's Tracking via APRS / GPS
I was getting ready to take a garbage bag full of stuff for the Talking Talons donation store today, and had the bag all strapped in the front bicycle basket.  THEN -
A dear friend, Paul, callsign N5DBB, called and invited me to lunch.  How could I turn that down?  So I decided instead to ride out to Edgewood to our favorite eatery, Katrina's East Mountain Grille .
I was thinking it was only 10 miles but the GPS claimed it was 11-something when I arrived there.  After a yummy lunch of cheese enchiladas, I decided to take the long way home, on south to I-40 and old route 66, and then ride back to Gutierrez Canyon  Road to make a loop back home.
Old 66 can be a fun ride, but between Edgewood and Sedillo Hill there are several miles of no shoulder whatsoever, and my so-called Christian attitude was shattered several times by motorists who thought a foot or so was plenty of clearance, and of course COULDN'T be bothered to slow down and wait when oncoming cars approached.  One fellow gave ME plenty of clearance, pulling into the other lane as he passed me, but forced an oncoming car to veer off onto the shoulder to avoid a collision. SIGH..... bah.  If I cannot tame my tongue and temper I'm going to have to stop cycling.  I'll go to Hell for sure for some of my verbal outbursts when such things occur.
My 2-wheel recumbent has not been ridden regularly since we got our Terratrike, and the derailleur was not grabbing all the gears in the back cassette nor the front ring gears, so I had to stop several times to adjust the works.  It still slips and pops in and out of gear in the lower Granny Gears so I'll likely have to replace the cassette soon.
Beginning Battery Voltage:  13.1        Ending Voltage: 13.0
Lowest Temp  82 F      Highest Temp:  96 F
Stats from the GPS: Total Miles:  25.66
Overall average speed            Moving Avg               Max Speed
  7.7 MPH                                 9.0 MPH                    32.5 MPH
Total Trip time                       Moving Time             Stopped Time
  3 hours 18 mins                    2 hours 50 mins         28 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment