Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Wednesday Wasn't Windy

GPS-Internet Tracking via APRS and Ham Radio

Jacque took both lap-doggies with her to a sewing group today, and the peace and quiet I enjoyed was marred by the lack of a busy-bee furry face constantly checking up on me.  And riding around the neighborhood without the fuzzy face in my lap reduced the amount of stares and double-takes from passing motorists.
Yesterday I passed several other cyclists but today, no such luck.
I may start posting more of the odd signs I encounter riding around.
"Bike Route" Frost Road
 And other odd things found in the dirt along the road while taking breaks.....
Old Unknown Sign in the Dirt.  You can tell it used to be a sign cuz it's riddled with bullet holes
It is still just a bit on the cool side, especially when smoking downhill without pedaling enough to stay heated up, but I KNOW I'm going to miss this cool weather soon when it heats up again and we get our Global Warming back.
I need to take longer rides - I'd like to do a Real Trip someday - but I just have too many things requiring me to return home too regularly.  Such things as replacing the CB antenna on the RV that got scrubbed off recently, restocking the front deck with firewood (getting low and it's still COLD at night and in the mornings), working on autos, honeydew projects, etc, etc.
I'd been thinking about a 30-miler today looping around Guiterrez Canyon Road and coming back around along Route 66 and back home via Mountain Valley and Frost Road but decided to only do another 10 miles or so and call it good so I could have some time left to get some real work done that has higher priority than me staying in shape on 2 or 3 wheels.
Coming up south on Tumbleweed Road on the way back to Frost Road I encountered a couple of familiar mutts, all of whom love to run to their fences or the end of their tethers and woof at us cyclists.  This pair, I  noticed for the first time, were a bit old and slow but trying their best to rush to the fence and warn the world about us.  Their 'woofs' were a bit muted as they huffed and puffed for breath and they were a bit gray and worn.  Reminded me of me.  I may start bringing doggie treats on rides.....

Ride Started: 12:16 PM    Ride Ended:  2:00 PM
Starting Battery Voltage: 13.0    Ending Voltage: 12.7
Lowest Temp  50 F      Highest Temp:  60 F
Stats from the GPS:    Total Miles:  10.53
Overall average speed            Moving Avg               Max Speed
  6.6 MPH                                7.9 MPH                    32.7 MPH
Total Trip time                       Moving Time             Stopped Time
1 hour 35 minutes                 1 hour 25 mins            22 mins 0 secs

No comments:

Post a Comment