Saturday, January 10, 2015

Starting Off the New Year Late

Today's Track via Ham Radio, GPS, and APRS

The usual excuses apply here:  Nasty cold weather, snow, ice, Christmas holiday activities, New Year's Wedding Trip to Dallas..... All contributed to lack of bicycling.
And Boy, has it shown up in my midsection.  My pot belly is increasingly noticeable and I haven't felt as energetic or energized without the regular riding.
So today I went for an irregular ride..... but maybe I can get back to several times a week now.
Weather was great, winds not bad.... but I had to get home sooner than normal since I had to make a 4:00 meeting in Albuquerque.
I filmed this ride with my new expensive toy GoPro Hero4 camera, but the file sizes are so large I haven't gotten the nerve to try to upload it yet.  Since GoPro requires Windoze 7 or newer to edit / shorten it I so far do not have the capability to edit it to a reasonably short video for uploading (Still using Linux and XP here).   Nothing happened worth viewing anyway;  it was a pretty boring ride.
But it sure feels great these several hours later to have the metabolism stirred up again....

Ride Started: 2:02 PM    Ride Ended:  3:12 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage:  13.1   Ending Voltage: 12.5  Lowest: 12.5
Lowest Temp  31 F      Highest Temp:  48 F 
Stats from the GPS:    Total Miles:  9.33
Overall average speed            Moving Avg               Max Speed
 7.1 MPH                                  9.4 MPH                     26.8 MPH
Total Trip time                       Moving Time             Stopped Time
 1 hour 18 mins                     59 minutes                 19 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment