Monday, September 7, 2015

Short Day, Short Ride

Today's Trifling Tracking

I tried out a very short ride this morning just so I could say I rode.  Also hoping it helps with the metabolism, blood glucose, yada, yada.
I got up shortly after 6 AM this morning and had to walk Lilly the spoiled puppy dog who has yet to learn that OUTSIDE is where she is supposed to go potty.
She did her business like a good girl  and I proceeded to saddle up and take off on the bike.  I didn't want to use up the entire morning with bike riding, much as I'd love to, as I have other less exciting things to do, like finish painting the house, it's past time to start building up the winter woodpile, keep the RV and cars and tractor lubricated, maintained, and running, all that kind of baloney.
Tink, for once, did NOT anxiously follow me around begging to come with, since she was still in the sack with Jacque.  So I left the snoozing females and got going.
Of course at the 7-ish hour there is a lot of traffic, courtesy of those few Americans who still have jobs and must commute to Albuquerque and Santa Fe to get to work.  For the last several years I have had almost no negative experiences with those who think it's cute to come as close as they can without hitting me, although of course there are often those young fellers who love to rev up their engines while passing or approaching just because...... just because..... because they have an engine to rev up.
But none of such nonsense today.  The only "close encounter" I had was with a walker approaching me head on who foolishly walked off into the weeds and gravel off the shoulder so I wouldn't be forced to go around her by veering into the traffic lane.  It was nice of her, but no traffic was around at the time, so I could have easily gone around her, with both of us able to remain on the pavement or shoulder.

Ride Started: 7:25 AM    Ride Ended:  8:31 AM
Beginning Battery Voltage:   13.3   Ending Voltage: 13.1  Lowest:  13.0
Lowest Temp  61 F      Highest Temp:  71 F 
Stats from the GPS:    Total Miles:  6.37
Overall average speed            Moving Avg               Max Speed
   5.5 MPH                              7.0 MPH                   26.6 MPH
Total Trip time                       Moving Time             Stopped Time
1 hour 9 mins                         54 minutes                15  minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment