Friday, February 5, 2016

And Wowzers, Second Frigid Day in a Row

Tracking via GPS, Ham Radio, and APRS

All the LDS missionaries from Taos to El Paso send me their monthly mileage and expense reports.
Occasionally I get a nice note inside thanking me for whatever help I've been able to give them.
Yesterday I got no note, but a very nice sketch on the back of the expense envelope.....
Cute.  Very cute.








Tinkerbell and I went for another short trike trip this afternoon, hoping the weather would be a tad warmer.
It  didn't FEEL warm, even with the extra layer of a windbreaker.  However, I'm already noticing lower blood glucose readings even after only 2 days of mild riding.
This time we turned north on the North Diversion Trail and rode up to the fork in the trail just shy of Paseo del Norte and turned around.
I even wore my GoPro video camera today, but left it at the office so I'm unable to post any clips from it.
About the only exciting thing on it was me passing a good looker jogger - just barely - as we climbed the hill coming up from the bike underpass at Osuna.  I was able to put some distance between us once we topped the climb, but my pedal powered machine is no speedster even on level ground, and not at all on any degree of uphill grade.
The distance is still far short of what I hope to get back to soon, as I get the legs warmed up again.
Had we not been running a bit late, almost 5 PM, we could certainly have made another few miles.
I see from the temperature log it was already starting to cool down approaching the 5:00 PM hour.
Manana, Manana....

Ride Started: 3:57 PM    Ride Ended:  4:52 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage:   13.2   Ending Voltage: 12.9  Lowest:  12.7
Lowest Temp  43 F      Highest Temp:  50 F 
Stats from the GPS:    Total Miles:  5.44
Overall average speed            Moving Avg               Max Speed
   5.8 MPH                            6.5 MPH                   18.2 MPH
Total Trip time                       Moving Time             Stopped Time
56 minutes                             50 minutes                  6  minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment