Wednesday, April 20, 2016

FINALLY Got in a 10-Mile Ride

 Today's Ride Tracked via GPS and Ham Radio (APRS)

I've been struggling, what with our busy full time volunteer jobs, when and how to schedule a (preferably) daily bike ride again.
We stay in the RV at work during the week and don't commute by car, so I can't just have Jacque drop me and the bike off a few miles from work and let me ride the rest of the way like I used to a couple years ago, before I got involuntarily retired.
I actually also rode my upright beater-bike over to the Doctor's office yesterday, so I can (coff) brag about riding somewhere  2 days in a row. Trouble is, yesterday was only like a mile each way, not enough to even register on the  exercise  scale.  I must confess my  legs, long out of  shape again, complained anyway.
Today I saddled up the Terratrike Tandem Recumbent and was determined to  go out at least 5 miles and come back, making an actual  10-miler.  And, even though I did the full ten miles, my legs found the pedaling much easier on the recumbent than on the old Diamond Back upright.
It got almost  totally dark by the time I  got  back,  so in future I need to leave early enough to both get in a decent few miles AND get back before dark.

Ride Started: 5:28 PM    Ride Ended:  7:29 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage:   13.5   Ending Voltage: 12.8  Lowest:  12.6
Lowest Temp  64 F      Highest Temp:  75 F 
Stats from the GPS:    Total Miles:  10.47
Overall average speed            Moving Avg               Max Speed
   4.0 MPH                            6.5 MPH                   19.1 MPH
Total Trip time                       Moving Time             Stopped Time
 1 hour 55 mins                     1 Hour  36 mins           19  minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment