Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Eat a Little Dirt

Today's Tracking

Things started out a little extra windy today, but I took a short ride anyway.  Winds were gusty, roaring for a few minutes and then pausing occasionally for a few v
minutes of calm.  I rode away from the house with no real trip plan.  I figured to make up my mind about direction and route after I got down to the paved road.  I had just turned the corner out of our yard when a sudden twisty gust blasted me in the face with sand and dust.  I had gritties in my teeth for the next couple of hours in spite of repeated rinsings with drinking water.
No matter, it was still  a fun ride.  I first rode west on Frost Road and then turned south on Gutierrez Canyon Road.  It runs all the way south to Old Route 66 but I didn't go that far.  I had work to do on a radio repeater on the bench at home and wanted to allow plenty of time to work on it.  I turned around just before the GPS 5-mile mark and rode back.
Gutierrez Canyon has some long hills to climb and smoke downward on, but it is one of the prettier areas that cyclists often ride.  There are dozens of homes  in that area but it is very low traffic and the winding road helps the cars to drive slow.  Very nice.

Ride Started: 11:38  AM    Ride Ended:  1:15  PM
Beginning Battery Voltage:   14.0   Ending Voltage: 13.0  Lowest:  13.0
Beginning Blood Glucose:  392  Ending BG Reading:  96 (Turns out my infusion site for the insulin pump was goofy) 
Lowest Temp  67 F      Highest Temp:  82 F  
Stats from the GPS:    Total Miles:  8.16
Overall average speed            Moving Avg               Max Speed
   4.9 MPH                             5.8 MPH                   31.9 MPH
Total Trip time                       Moving Time             Stopped Time
1 hour 40 mins                      1 hour 23 mins           16 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment