Thursday, August 27, 2020

A Dollar Per Mile

We went to Springfield today for my Podiatrist appointment.  He agreed with me that my feets were doing a bit better.  Did a bit of shopping afterward whilst in the "Big City" and came home safe and sound.

I again needed an excuse to do a Trike Ride this afternoon.

I decided to hitch up the B.O.B. trailer on the trike and haul my Big Bag of crushed Aluminum cans to our local recycler:  https://iscrapapp.com/yards/us-missouri-mountain-grove-ss-recycling-mountain-grove/ 

I entered their address  into my trike-mounted Garmin 350 GPS and followed the route, which led down hill and up dale out to the westernmost end of town.

I SMOKED down some long hills, which meant long climbs coming back up the hills, but it was all good.

I thought I had a decent load of cans on board, but was a bit underwhelmed when the cash tendered was $4.00.  When I arrived home the total miles was a bit over 4, thus the title for today.  I  suspect prices have sagged in our current non-economy. 

https://aprs.fi/#!mt=roadmap&z=14&ts=1598486400&te=1598572800&call=a%2FW5AOX-6   

Ride Started:   3:37 PM      Ride Ended:  4:31 PM

Beginning Battery Voltage:  13.0 Ending Battery Voltage:  13.0   Lowest Voltage:  13.0

Beginning Blood Glucose: 128 Ending BG: 39 (ouch)
Lowest Temp:  77 F    Highest Temp:    77 F 

Distance Walked: .4 mile (Usual Dog Potty Trips)

Stats from the GPS:  Total Miles: 4.15
Overall Average Speed       Moving Avg          Max Speed
  4.9 
MPH                              6.3 MPH               25.2 MPH 
Total Trip Time                   Moving Time        Stopped  Time
  50
 minutes                        36 minutes           14  minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment