Thursday, August 12, 2021

Dodging Traffic

Tuesday's GPS Tracked Route

 I don't get away with skipping exercise.....
Yesterday we needed some necessities from the Big Box enterprise on the north end of town.  Jacque had a sewing lesson going and a bushel of green beans awaiting her canning efforts, so it was a good excuse to get off my butt and take the Catrike for a ride.
We're undergoing a heat wave, with a few violent showers recently that cooled things down a tad.  Sunday's Shower Photo:

                                When it Rained, it POURED-  and sideways

 However, Tuesday was bright and sunny (!) so I was motivated to ride in the morning instead of late afternoon.
Temperatures weren't too terrible, with a little breeze, and as usual, getting out and working up a sweat pedaling huff-puff improved my mood and helped clear some of the fog out of my skull.  I WAS disappointed to notice that I was a bit slower than usual, and just have to blame it on not riding every day.
Locals have taken to greeting me with "HEY!!  How 'bout a RIDE?" when I pass them on the street.  One of these times I'm going to take them up on the request...
It was close to noonish when I rounded the bend to the intersection of Highway 95 and McDonalds.  I had to wait several minutes for a long line of cars to clear the roadway before I could make my own entry on 95 and cross the overpass leading to Big Box Store.  After several cars went by, a kind motorist slowed and waved me into the intersection, which was totally unexpected but mightily appreciated.
Arrived at Big Box safe and sound.  I didn't have too much trouble finding the items on my list, in spite of their recent habit of moving stuff around every few days - evidently in hopes we lackless shoppers will wander around more and spend a little more money on stuff we weren't looking for.
My sunny attitude was adjusted for the worse when I saddled up and started crossing the lot toward the exit.  A dreaded SUV crossed directly in front of me, forcing an abrupt stop.  The driver either totally ignored me or failed to glance a few feet ahead to see if anyone might be in his path.  "Female Driver", I grumped to myself, but it was just an old duffer just like me.  BAH
Got home safe and sound anyway.  Thank God for brakes.  Even if "I" have to use mine.

Ride Started: 10:27 AM           Ride Ended:  11:44 AM
Beginning Battery Voltage: 13.0   Ending Battery Voltage:  12.9
Lowest Temp: 75 F Highest Temp: 78 F
Beginning Blood Glucose:  169   Ending BG:  97
Stats from the GPS: Total Miles:  5.22
Overall Average Speed      Moving Avg       Max Speed
  4.2 MPH                              6.9 MPH            20.8 MPH
Total Trip(s) Time                Moving Time      Stopped Time
 1 hour 15  minutes               45 minutes          30 minutes



No comments:

Post a Comment