Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Enjoying Great Weather While it Lasts

 Tracking Link via GPS and Ham Radio

I've been daily waddling around butchering wood, painting, sweeping floor, yada yada.  Every other day or so I ride at least a few blocks on the Catrike to run an errand or two.  Seldom do I get a really good "cardio" ride in, but even short rides stir up my circulation and improve my grumpy moods.  Of course when I get home, it takes a while to cool off and rest my sore feets.  But it's worth it.  Just ask anyone.
I've missed several good days for riding, trying to make better headway on the Sweet Wifey's sewing room addition.  It's not HER fault;  since she continually encourages me to get out and ride.  Might have something to do with the mood lift thing.
On Sunday, two days ago, after Church, we All went for a short ride around the town square (a few blocks away) on the Terratrike Tandem .



Today was an unusually mild, sunny, pleasantly warm but cool, and I committed myself to get some gaps in the new room wall paint touched up, and take a break for a ride.
Of course all this took much longer than I'd imagined.  Very frustrating to take at least 10 times the effort to get even simple tasks done - that used to be far less tiring and difficult.
I got out the trike and trailer since the Boss had accumulated two almost - full bags of surplus stuff to take to our nearby Thrift Store.  That destination was only about 4 blocks away, just across the railroad tracks.  I had no other "excuses" to ride anywhere except for sunshine and oxygen.  Thus most of my pedaling was with an empty B.O.B. trailer behind me.  Not a big deal since it pulls very easily, mostly noticeable when carrying a load.... uphill.
I even wore regular length long pants, and did not get too overheated.
I thought about stopping to shop for a few items at our sole Big Box Store, but it's too close to the end of the month and the bank account is suffering so I passed it by.
I stopped to rest a couple times in the shade along the way, so this was no speed ride.  Hah - it would make HEADLINES if I ever managed a "speedy" ride.
My new Continuous Glucose Monitor (CGM) insulin pump warned me when my blood sugar got too low, so during one break on the way home I snarfed a cookie.  YUM
I need to do such rides, and even longer ones, to build up my strength.  Did I mention even a short ride lowers my blood sugar for most of the remainder of the day and night?
Hopefully I can sleep well tonight.  God is GOOD...

Ride Started: 1:43 PM           Ride Ended:  3:04 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage: 13.0   Ending Battery Voltage:  12.9
Lowest Temp: 67 F Highest Temp: 78 F
Beginning Blood Glucose:  165   Ending BG: 97
Stats from the GPS: Total Miles:  6.36
Overall Average Speed      Moving Avg       Max Speed
  4.7 MPH                              5.9 MPH            23.2 MPH
Total Trip(s) Time                Moving Time      Stopped Time
 1 hour 20  minutes              1 hour 4 mins      16 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment