Saturday, January 28, 2023

And Then it was Just Right - Mostly

 14 Jan GPS track

 19 Jan Barely Rode Track

20 Jan RideAroundTheBlock 

 23 Jan Short Trip Track

 Tuesday 24 Jan TripTrack

Friday GPS BigBox Ride 

 Saturday GPS/Ham radio Tracking

As anyone can see, I get on the Catrike fairly frequently but not often for more than short trips.
In this Wacky day and age at least it saves a wee bit of gasoline.
A few days ago as I rode up on the north end of town I passed a mailman walking between houses and said "Hi!" to him.  He said "Hi Jim!" in response.  Kinda floored me, especially since I don't know HIS name, and they have more than one mail-person in these parts.  I should figure these things out.
Yesterday as I crossed a parking lot, a funny fellow in a pickup pulled up next to me and exclaimed "You're laying down on the job!!"  - Such is the life of a recumbent rider, I suppose.
Today the weather forecast was a bit dicey but I got in a good ride anyway.  It was starting to cloud up a bit and I almost shortened the route, hoping to avoid getting wet.  After a few blocks the sun was again brightly burning, so I took renewed courage and did my slightly longer route.  I did NOT regret it.
Yesterday while riding I was sore and fatigued and didn't seem to have much starch in me, plugging on in lower gears, old guy style.
Today for some  reason I felt energized and sassy and actually had to remove my windbreaker as it was getting to warm with it on.  It was a bit too cold withOUT it, but I prefer that to overheating.
As many fellow humans know, getting too warm while pedaling often results in perspiration (i.e. SWEAT) which gets COLDER with the passing breeze.  Too hot and too cold all at the same time.
Sigh.
More bitter cold is forecast in the next few days, and as we all know, forecasting weather is not an exact science, so we will see if I can stand to get out and ride around in it.

Ride Started: 12:23 PM           Ride Ended:  1:38 PM 
Beginning Battery Voltage: 13.5  Ending Battery Voltage:  12.8
Lowest Temp: 53 F Highest Temp: 64 F
Beginning Blood Glucose:  130   Ending BG: 105
Stats from the GPS: Total Miles:  6.95
Overall Average Speed      Moving Avg       Max Speed
 5.5 MPH                             6.6 MPH            23.7 MPH
Total Trip(s) Time             Moving Time      Stopped Time
  1 hour 5 minutes        1 hour  36 minutes    11 minutes



 

1 comment:

  1. Hmm, the forecast here predicted 1 to 2 feet of snow between Friday night and Saturday night. Woke up this morning with maybe 2" new snow on the ground. Snowed pretty good for a half hour or so but didn't amount to much. Nothing since. I guess they confused "feet" with "inches"! But, previous snowfalls left a few feet of snow that lingers, though settled/melted down to a few inches.

    ReplyDelete