Thursday, February 22, 2024

Out to the Airport and Back

 21 Feb 2024 Track via Ham Radio and APRS

I had been promising a friend to help set up his scanner and erect an outside antenna for some time.
I finally got off my butt and decided to get it done.
I initially surmised I could get it done with an hour or so of effort....
I wanted to use the trip as another excuse to ride the trike, so I hitched up the trike trailer.

Then I started gathering tools and materials for the project.
My friend already had a pole to erect, so all I had to do was gather....
-Mounting bracket and screws
-Antenna cable.  I have a large collection of various types and it took a while to find one I thought would be long enough.
-Connectors.  Again, this took a while to find several of the right type.
-Tools.  Trimming/cutting tool, pliers, crimpers, diagonal cutter (dikes), soldering iron, solder, cordless drill, drill bits
-Electrical Tape, Zip ties, steel hose clamps (useful for all sorts of needs)

And probably several other items I'm forgetting.
The distance covered was right about 3 miles each way, so that wasn't much of a problem.
Of course the "short project" took well over my guess of an hour or so, and my diabetical feet got quite sore by the time I was done.
By the time I got home I was tuckered out and took an early shower before bed.

Ride Started: 3:49 PM           Ride Ended:  4:59 PM 
Beginning Battery Voltage: 13.0  Ending Battery Voltage:  12.9
Lowest Temp: 67 F                Highest Temp: 73 F
Beginning Blood Glucose:  190   Ending BG: 102
Stats from the GPS: Total Miles:  6.55
Overall Average Speed      Moving Avg       Max Speed
 2.4 MPH                              6.5 MPH            17.5 MPH
Total Trip(s) Time             Moving Time      Stopped Time
 2 hours 43 minutes             1 hour             1 hour 43 minutes



No comments:

Post a Comment