Saturday, December 10, 2011

Balderdash, Curbed Again

Track me until. the tracking stops for some reason
Heading home last (Friday) night after work, all was calm, all was  bright, er, dark...... and then I hit the SAME STUPID CURB that bent my front fork last week.  This inspires me to do (at  least) 2 things:
(1) - Get a brighter head-lamp
(2) - take some reflective paint and tape and mark this crossing so I and others can avoid injury and damage.
This time, however, no damage seemed to occur to the fork, frame, or wheel.  I may have hit it at a slower speed, but it still didn't help my self image the least bit.  My commitment to avoid foul language took another beating, as well.  I was really surprised my chewing-gum-looking blobby welding job on the current front fork survived this stress.  I have been watching and worrying about it since I re-welded and re-painted it
Today I am in the midst of frantically cutting firewood (mostly juniper and :"gift:" scrap lumber from friends' remodeling projects) - we have been really burning the stuff heavy duty with the freezing and sub-freezing and sub-zero weather we've had for over a week now.  We still have several inches of very cold frozen snow in all directions, including our primitive roadway to our house.  I bladed the road today using our old trailer tongue "V" pulled via a chain attached to Jacque's 4WD Ford Exploder.  Then I set about gassing and lubing up the chainsaw and cut a couple sled-loads of the stuff, and got exhausted and took a long break.  Now I'm all rested and warm and comfy so I better get back out there again;  daylight's a-wasting.....

No comments:

Post a Comment