Saturday, April 5, 2014

FINALLY Back on the Bike

Mail Run Tracking, Same Old Same Old

I have been off the bike and pretty much out of action for the last 3 weeks.  I started out with what I thought were allergies and a tickle in my throat, but it quickly degenerated into a nasty coughing wheezing chest cold.  I looked up my symptoms on the Internet and they fit perfectly into the pattern of the common cold.  EXCEPT the "common cold" supposedly lasts a week without treatment and around 7 days if you get medical attention.
Jacque came down with it after my first week of suffering and went to the doctor and got some expensive syrups and pills and a breathing inhaler and she's able to sleep at night now without choking and gasping all night but the crud seems to be clinging to her about the same length of time.
My recuperation has made a wimp of me.  I've been wanting to get back on a semi-daily biking routine but the last several days it's been cold and windy and I've lacked the motivation to get out and ride, although I fully realize if I wait for great weather I won't ride very many days out of the year.
Today also turned out cold and windy, with some pretty stiff headwinds gusting me in the face as I headed uphill, east, toward the Post Office.
As usual, it was great to be out riding anyway.
After I got home - hours later - I was again shocked at how much my metabolism changes after just one short but stiff ride.  My blood sugar dropped and stayed low, and it will last at least the rest of the night if history repeats itself.  Now if I could just get back into the habit of at least 15 miles a day 5 days a week maybe I could get back into my skinny pants......

Trip Started:  12:48 PM    Trip Ended:  1:49 PM
Lowest Temp  50 F      Highest Temp:  60 F
Stats from the GPS:    Total Miles:  5.51
Overall average speed            Moving Avg               Max Speed
  5.4 MPH                                8.0 MPH                    28.1 MPH
Total Trip time                       Moving Time             Stopped Time
1 hour  1 mins                       41 mins 15 secs          19 mins 45 secs

No comments:

Post a Comment