Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Rode the Bike to Vote.... But

Today's Accurate and Short Tracking

I wanted to vote earlier this morning but time got away from me, as usual.  I left the doggies home since I knew the election officials would not allow me to bring them inside, and since the voting place is normally a school in session, I didn't want them left outside to attract attention.
Trouble is, when I got there, no voting apparatus was in sight.  Evidently since this is an "Off" non-Presidential election year, the voting will take place at the Village Offices in downtown Tijeras.
I considered riding the 7 miles or so down into Tijeras, but I have commitments this evening and cannot afford to risk getting home too late.  PLUS, I need to check online and find out exactly where the voting IS taking place.
It was pretty cold this morning but I layered up, with a wicking thermal long sleeve shirt, flaming yellow biking tee shirt on top of that, and the windbreaker on top of that.  I also donned the polar fleece skull cap and the mid-winter mittens.  (When it gets down to freezing and below, I wear muk-luk style gloves with chemical hand warmers inside.  I can barely work the shift levers, but it keeps the fingers from freezing.)
I did not get overheated until I started back home, climbing the slow hill toward the intersection of Frost Road and North-14.  I stopped at the Post Office for mail and then screamed downhill eastward toward home, unzipping a couple layers when I got to the turnoff onto our goat-path uphill mile of private road to the house.

Ride Started: 10:49 AM    Ride Ended:  12:00 Noon
Beginning Battery Voltage:  13.9       Ending Voltage: 13.0
Lowest Temp  42 F      Highest Temp:  50 F 
Stats from the GPS:    Total Miles:  7.27
Overall average speed            Moving Avg               Max Speed
  6.1 MPH                               7.7 MPH                     25.5 MPH
Total Trip time                       Moving Time             Stopped Time
1 hour 12 mins                      56 minutes                 15 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment