Friday, February 16, 2018

Sundown Test Ride Without Flats

Today's tracking via GPS and Ham Radio

After my rescue yesterday and subsequent replacement of rear tire and tube, I was out of time so far as testing it out.  I broke out the hand pump and topped off all 6 trike tires (3 each on Jacque's trike and mine) but didn't get anything out on the road for even a short test ride.
I've gotten such good performance and reliability from these small (35 X 406 mm) tires that I'm buffaloed by the failures I've been having now.  Now I'm getting afraid to even ride unless the tires are super pumped up and hard, hoping to avoid ruining any more.
So this evening I just rode a couple miles around a couple blocks just to make sure all things are again working OK.  The front shifter cable has been rather stiff and cranky since the rains a few days ago so I sprayed both graphite dust and WD-40 lube into the control cable housings in hope of freeing it up again.
It must have done the trick since all shifting was without complaint.  All systems go.  Maybe I can get in a decently long ride ...... manana maybe.

Riding around the neighborhoods, we occasionally find something we cannot resist photographing.
I owned a 1959 Ford Pickup like this in the early 1970's..... not as pretty, of course.


Ride Started:  5:57 PM    Ride Ended:  6:19 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage:   13.8   Ending Voltage: 13.0  Lowest:  13.0  (Solar charging only)
Lowest Temp  64 F      Highest Temp: 67 F   
Stats from the GPS:    Total Miles:  2.44
Overall average speed            Moving Avg               Max Speed   

7.9 MPH                                 8.4 MPH                     15.3 MPH 
Total Trip time                       Moving Time             Stopped Time  

19  minutes                            17 minutes                  1 minute

No comments:

Post a Comment