Thursday, July 26, 2018

Just Another Morning Ride

Today's Tracking via James KK4BYX

Just another 12 miles of Tennessee Route 27 today.  Very nice and cool riding this early in the morning.
Nothing interesting to report.  My usual turnaround point just past the 5 mile mark is just past the turnoff road leading to the Rhea County Fairgrounds.  Just to take a peek, I rode the quarter mile across the railroad tracks to see what the fairgrounds look like.  I was quite underwhelmed.
I found only what appeared to be a few acres enclosed for a fairgrounds.  No RV sites were visible anywhere, and the infrastructure appeared to be a single large stock shed and a small arena with bleachers.  A lived-in-looking trailer house sat next to the barn/shed and someone had started mowing ..... a largely full time occupation here in the fertile lands of Tennessee, largely stolen from the Cherokee Nation under the inept administration of President Martin van Buren.
I shouldn't mention it, not wanting to disturb the space/time equilibrium balance, but I haven't experienced a flat tire in several weeks now.  I have topped the tires off with the huff-puff hand pump a couple times, but no flats --- yet.
I'm still fiddling with my  insulin pump settings for trying to lose a couple inches from my belly tire that pooches out when I sit down.  Riding the trike more than a few miles results in various stages of insulin shock the rest of the day and night following so I have to reduce my basal rate both before and after each ride.  There are no hard and fast data for such settings.  Lots of diabetics are active in sports and riding and long term exertions, and all deal with it in varying ways.  My blood glucose seems to maintain better control if I eat something before riding, but my weight tends to stay the same.  Cutting back on insulin levels should help me control my appetite, be less hungry, etc, but so far I haven't noticed much of that.

Ride Started: 7:08 AM    Ride Ended:  8:38AM
Beginning Battery Voltage:   12.8 Ending Voltage: 12.7  Lowest:  12.7
Beginning Blood Glucose:  133     Ending BG: 198 

(No breakfast;  insulin pump basal rate cut back to 60% for the ride)
Lowest Temp  66 F      Highest Temp: 66 F   
Stats from the GPS:    Total Miles:  12.34 
Overall average speed            Moving Avg               Max Speed  
8.6 MPH                                 9.1 MPH                     19.4 MPH 
Total Trip time                       Moving Time             Stopped Time 
1 hour 26 mins                       1 hour 
21 mins            5 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment