Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Gotta Ride When You Can

Today's Tracking in the Soup

Today was mostly spent on the road.... in the Exploder.  We went to Springfield for my latest VA appointment for a circulation test.  In relation to suspected circulation problems that might have been associated with my leg and foot pains, the doctor laid me on the gurney, after having me roll up my sleeves and removing my shoes and socks.
She then attached a compression sleeve to all 4 of my limbs, one at a time, and after attaching a sound transducer to the compressed leg, we could clearly hear my blood pulsing and "whooshing" through the closest artery.  She then pumped up the compression sleeve until the whooshing ceased, indicating blood flow had stopped.  She then relieved the pressure in the cuff until suddenly the pulse was clearly heard again, and she recorded the pressure at which this occurred.  Very much like a blood pressure test, only with audible indication instead of 2 meter readings.  This was done to each arm and leg, and when all 4 were completed, she pronounced the test as "Normal", whatever that is.  Evidently this is evidence I actually do not have any circulation problems in my legs.
Which tests took about 15 minutes and we were out and on our way back.  So no additional pills or treatments were prescribed.... at least for now.   After roaming Sams Club and Walmart, my feet were starting to burn but they cleared up again pretty quickly while sitting in the driver's seat on the way home.
The weather, all day, was not much to brag about.  Not that cold, but very breezy and drippy fog, with low visibility.  We had to run wipers for about half the mileage to Springfield but it had slowed down to almost nothing but fog by the time we got home about 1:00 PM.
After resting up a couple hours, I stepped outside to see how wet it was getting to be.  The surroundings were all soggy and wet, but no rain was falling, so I decided to drag the Catrike out of the garage and ride at least a couple miles.
I first rode the 3/10 of a mile to the nearest hardware store/lumber yard and looked around for wood stoves and accessories.  They didn't have any stoves in stock but the counter guy said he could order one for me and get it in by Monday.  So I had him order one, for a very reasonable price, and rode on.
By then it was getting a bit dark so I hurried on around the back streets of town in hopes of accumulating  a few miles before it got too dark.
I turned on all my available lights, including a colored LED blinky-light string mounted on one of my ham antenna poles. 
I rode around the town square, then around back streets, then half a mile or so along Third St./Business 60.  I ran out of the nice shoulder before I got to the east end of town so I turned around and diverted back on to side streets on the North side of the main drag.  As usual, nobody endangered me and it was a fun ride even though it had gotten almost completely dark by the time I got home. 

Ride Started:  4:10 PM    Ride Ended:  5:14 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage:   12.9 Ending Voltage: 12.9  Lowest:  12.9
Beginning Blood Glucose:  207     Ending BG: 72  
Lowest Temp  46 F      Highest Temp: 50 F   
Stats from the GPS:    Total Miles:  4.00
Distance Walked: .25 miles
Overall average speed            Moving Avg               Max Speed  
4.2 MPH                                   6.2 MPH                    17.3 MPH 
Total Trip time                       Moving Time             Stopped Time 
57 minutes                              38 minutes                  18
 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment