Thursday, December 27, 2018

Six Miles: Somebody Give Me a Medal

Today's Around-Town Tracking


Today started out dark, overcast, foggy, and raining.  No chance for cycling anywhere, unless I was an Arctic Duck.
Howsomever, later in the afternoon the skies had partially cleared and after the large puddles had soaked down into the ground a bit, I decided the time was right to sneak out for a ride.
Since we have had rather few totally dry days here in Missouri, as in none, if I don't ride in narrow windows when possible, I will rarely if ever ride at all.  With my sad state of fitness, that isn't a good modus operandi.
Thus the roads and streets were wet, but my fenders did their work and kept me dry. 
My feet soon began talking to me, so I stopped several times to stand up, walk around a little, and get the blood circulating back down in the feets.  I noticed, again, that one of my tires is starting to show serious wear-marks.
I need to swap out this tire NOW

I'd planned to get in a several-mile ride but, as usual lately, I got started so late that it shortly began to run out of daylight.
I was just past what I hoped for my halfway mark when I realized I didn't have sufficient time left, so I turned the trike toward home.
About this time a few sprinkles began to hit me in the face, and I thought for a while I was going to get a real soaking.... but I only got slightly dampish by the time I got home.
Verdict:  Another short but great ride.

Ride Started:  4:10 PM    Ride Ended:  5:19 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage:   12.9 Ending Voltage: 12.9  Lowest:  12.9
Beginning Blood Glucose:  207     Ending BG: 72  
Lowest Temp  46 F      Highest Temp: 50 F   
Stats from the GPS:    Total Miles:  6.17
Distance Walked: .3 miles
Overall average speed            Moving Avg               Max Speed  
5.0 MPH                                   6.2 MPH                    17.4 MPH 
Total Trip time                       Moving Time             Stopped Time 
1 hour 14 mins                         59 minutes                  15 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment