Tuesday, February 12, 2019

40 Degrees is Still Cold

Today's Two-Mile Tracking

Between the wintry weather and my ailing feet, I haven't done a lot of cruising under feet-power lately.  Even though my trike rides generally end in much less distance than hoped-for, I'm hoping that forcing myself to go ahead and ride when possible will help me build up my strength again in legs and feet.  I turn 72 in a couple more months and would like to replicate my mile-per-year-of-age stunt again.  If I don't make more rehabilitation progress, I'll either have to wimp out on the mondo
birthday ride or take 3 days to accomplish it.
Today was again a cold Missouri day BUT the sun came out and burned off the fog and warmed things up a bit.  To diffuse my Stir Crazies, I decided to do the usual (of late) and at least ride a little bit.
I planned to ride about 4 miles to a friend's house on the edge of town, but the chilly temperatures really pained my already tender feet.  Again, as usual, I got started late and was running out of sunshine.  With the cold permeating my feet I turned around and came back, ignoring the squawks of my GPS telling me to "Make a U-Turn!"
Though tiring, my legs and feet feel more energized after getting thawed out at home.  I can't bring myself to ride in slop when moisture is falling, but I'm determined to get off my butt more often.
WAIT - I sit on my butt riding the trike.  WHATEVER.

Ride Started:  4.08 PM    Ride Ended:  4:31 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage:   13.2 Ending Voltage: 12.9  Lowest:  12.9
Beginning Blood Glucose:  185     Ending BG: 106

Lowest Temp  42 F     Highest Temp: 46 F   
Stats from the GPS:    Total Miles:  2.01
Distance Walked: .1 
mile
Overall average speed            Moving Avg               Max Speed  
6.7 MPH                                   7.2 MPH                    11.0 MPH 
Total Trip time                       Moving Time             Stopped Time 
22 
minutes                              20 minutes               1 minute

No comments:

Post a Comment