Monday, June 29, 2020

Eager Shopper

The Usual Wally World Route

Jacque mentioned she had a prescription ready for pickup at The Big Box Store here in town, and she was congenial enough to allow me to use it for an excuse to take another trike ride.
The weather had been slightly cloudy all day, and I worried I might get rained on  before I got through, but it never happened.
I also stopped at our closest lumber/hardware store to pick up some screws needed to reattach a door to one of Jacque's sewing machine cabinets.  Of course they didn't have the right ones but I found some fairly close.
People around here are a good bunch, but some are pretty nutty, maybe almost as bad as I am.  There's a fellow I see almost every time I get close to the railroad crossing, talking and gesticulating loudly.  Sometimes it seems he's bellowing at me or nobody in particular and other times it seems he's shouting into his cell phone.
Several other fellows ride around town on their electric wheelchairs and seem to be a friendly enough lot, though they give us funny looks as we pedal past on our so-far non-electric trikes.
The visit to the Big Box Pharmacy was unremarkable.  My feet were talking to me as I walked back out to the trike, and I confidently pedaled around to the south side of the building again, intending to take a few minutes of rest break in the shade.  SURPRISE!  This close to Noon meant there was NO shadow whatsoever to enjoy.  I took the break anyway, checked my blood sugar, and ate a snack.
As I journeyed back toward the house, slowly climbing the hill up Oakland St., I noticed a police car across the street - where I have seldom if ever seen a police car before.  As I got closer, I was intrigued to see that there were 3 or 4 cop cars parked adjacent to each other on both sides of the street.  There were residents standing outside on each side of  the street but no noise or mayhem going on, so I didn't find any reason for the crowded police presence.  SIGH.  I should be glad there are so few "incidents" around Our Town.

Ride Started:    3:47 PM      Ride Ended:  4:59 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage:  13.6  Ending Battery Voltage:  13.0   Lowest Voltage:  13.0
Beginning Blood Glucose:  121      Ending BG:78
Lowest Temp:  75 F    Highest Temp:  78  F
Stats from the GPS:  Total Miles: 5.82
Distance Walked: .6 mile
Overall Average Speed       Moving Avg          Max Speed
  4.3
MPH                             7.1 MPH              16.9 MPH
Total Trip Time                   Moving Time        Stopped  Time
 1 hours 21 mins
                 49 minutes            32 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment