Thursday, June 11, 2020

No Speeding Today

The Usual Route, Slightly Shortened

Well, I hadn't been pedaling for the last 10 days or so, and I have missed it.
I've been busy with various chores such as applying new EPDM coating to the RV roof.
Evidently such activity has been at least  as effective for burning carbs, since my Blood Glucose has been fairly low each day, and I've often had to back down the basal insulin rate on my pump when I go to bed at night.  I had an evaluation appointment with my endocrinologist in  Springfield on Tuesday, and he claimed I was taking pretty good care of myself.  A surprise to me, what with the ups and downs of high and low blood sugar all the time.   The life of diabetics... BAH
Today was a wonderfully sunny but not overheated day and after the nasty chore of burning my brush and weed pile out in the yard, I decided I should take a trike ride instead of finding another  chore to do, which involves a rather large list.
I took off later than I normally do, but I knew I had plenty of daylight even starting out at seven-ish, since sundown is a little after 8:30 nowadays as we approach the solar maximum day for the year.
No incidents occurred this time, except for the yard full of super cute neighborhood kids across te street from our house hollering "HI !!!" at me as I rode away.
The only other comment I heard was passing a house about a block from home on  the way back:
A young Mom shooing her kiddo indoors and waving at me and saying "I want one of those...."
I didn't want to discourage her by mentioning how much they cost, even though they are worth every penny.  I think I paid $750 for my Catrike Road - used - and Jacque paid in the neighborhood of $2500 for her Catrike Pocket new from Two-Wheel Drive in Albuquerque.  Like I said, pricey, but again worth every penny for enjoyment and health benefits.

Ride Started:   7:18 PM      Ride Ended:  7:51 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage:  13.5  Ending Battery Voltage:  13.0   Lowest Voltage:  13.0
Beginning Blood Glucose: 90   Ending BG: 76 
Lowest Temp:  71 F    Highest Temp:    78 F
Stats from the GPS:  Total Miles:   4.43
Distance Walked: .6 mile (Dog Potty Trips)
Overall Average Speed       Moving Avg          Max Speed
  7.9 
MPH                              8.8 MPH               24.8 MPH 
Total Trip Time                   Moving Time        Stopped  Time
  33 minutes
                          30 minutes         3 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment