Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Cold but Sunny and Clear

Today's Spotty GPS/Radio Tracking

I got out and rode today a little earlier than recent trips:  The sun gets low and it's almost dark around
five-ish.
Which means it gets pretty cool this time of year.  This day, Tuesday, was nice and sunny all day,  The temperature got to almost 60, and I didn't wear an outer shirt or jacket when I took off.
Riding through a couple of shady streets convinced me I had erred, and I stopped and pulled my light windbreaker out of the rear pannier and it helped mighty well.
I had wanted to extend my mileage by exploring another route on the west end of town, but I wanted to get something useful done before sundown, so I rode pretty much a usual route.
My diabetic bad feet makes fellow sufferers wonder how I tolerate cycling, with the pressure it puts on the sore feet.
For one thing, my feet get tired while riding, as does the rest of me.  BUT, unlike walking, I notice cycling allows pressure to be alternated between the legs and feet:  On the left pedal-stroke, my right foot feels little pressure, and likewise for the other stroke.

I got home about half an hour before actual sundown and was able to re-wire Jacque's treetop cable pulley clothesline.   I had erected it a couple weeks ago, using synthetic clothesline, and it kept stretching and
often allowing wet clothes to touch the ground underneath.  I had to order it online, but I found some 1/8" braided stainless steel cable to replace the synthetic stretchy stuff.  After some struggle I got it succesfully up in the air.  Now all we have to do is see how it does with heavy soggy clothes draped on it.

Ride Started: 3:10 PM           Ride Ended: 4:05 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage: 12.9   Ending Battery Voltage: 12.9 Lowest Voltage: 12.9

Lowest Temp: 57 F Highest Temp: 67 F

Beginning Blood Glucose:  115   Ending BG: 103

Stats from the GPS: Total Miles:   5.37

Overall Average Speed      Moving Avg       Max Speed

   6.7 MPH                           8.0 MPH            20.0 MPH
Total Trip Time                    Moving Time      Stopped Time
  48 minutes                       40 minutes          8 minutes


No comments:

Post a Comment