Sunday, July 18, 2021

Sunday, Sunday


Bonus Video:  Vicious Dogs Attempt to Attack Lazy Rabbit

                                        Our resident Rabbit was snoozing there in the Grass

 An Almost - Usual GPS Route

Today was a Cooler Than Usual Sunday, with threatening clouds overshadowing us as we arrived at Church services this morning.  It wasn't raining, but it looked so dark we pulled a couple of umbrellas to take inside in case it might be raining when we left the building. 
As we  entered the chapel, several raindrops splattered the sidewalk.
As far as we know, that was the only "rain" we got.  Taking  umbrellas changed the equation and since we were "protected" it decided not to rain.
The rest of the day was mostly sunny but still noticeably less stifling than we've enjoyed the last few days.
Thus, around five-ish I awoke from a Sunday almost - nap and realized I had been almost totally sedentary all day, having done not much other than worshiping and eating.
Jacque was in the midst of cooking up one of her wonderful evening meals (supper to us country raised folk, dinner to educated folks like my Wife), so I assumed I wouldn't have time to sneak in even a short trike ride.
When I offhandedly mentioned this to Jacque, she responded that Dinner would be another 45 minutes or so and I should go ahead and go  for a ride.  So I went.
I didn't plan to take a long ride and be late for dinner, but I did take a small detour along Clouse street to see what might be there.  There wasn't a whole lot to see there except for a newly constructed set of apartments with fresh driveways and "No Loitering" and "For Rent" signs.  I shifted down a couple of gears going up a very slight rise in the street and as I did so I heard the telltale swish bicycle tires -- Someone ELSE'S tires.  I was quickly overtaken by a small bicycle pedaled by a grinning young man about 10 or so years of age.  He waved wickedly and I called back "Hi, Speed Demon!" 
Still smarting from his display of superiority, I considered challenging him to see who could achieve the faster speed, but he disappeared into another apartment lot and I was spared the disgrace of having him outrun me again.
Taking the route home via our highly decorated City Square, I arrived home safely and dry.
As  I walked in, Jacque told me the weather service had issued an "Impending Rain Warning in 15 Minutes" just as I rode away.   I was gone around 20 minutes and - since arriving home - It still hasn't rained.  Fine and Dandy with me;  it rained much of yesterday, Saturday.   The only day I didn't ride at least a few blocks last week.

Ride Started: 4:56 PM           Ride Ended:  5:13 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage: 13.4   Ending Battery Voltage:  13.0
Lowest Temp: 77 F Highest Temp: 78 F
Beginning Blood Glucose:  170   Ending BG: 168
Stats from the GPS: Total Miles:  2.39
Overall Average Speed      Moving Avg       Max Speed
  7.7 MPH                              8.0 MPH            18.0 MPH
Total Trip(s) Time                Moving Time      Stopped Time
 19  minutes                          18 minutes         15 segundos

No comments:

Post a Comment