Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Warm Triking in December ??

Windy Wednesday Wandering GPS Track 

My sore feet had an appointment with Wally at our local California Nail Salon this morning.
Of course I wanted to use it for an excuse to ride the Catrike, but the weather was looking a tad ugly, with high wind warnings for the entire day supposedly.
AND, in spite of it being Middle December, temperatures are almost spring-like.  Warm air meeting Cold Air can produce those nasty things called Shelf Clouds and Tornadoes.  BAH.  Nothing yet, thankfully.
When I walked the doggies this morning, it was sopping wet outside even though it was NOT raining, and in spite of heavy cloud cover.  I waited another half hour before leaving, but still no rain appeared, so I took off on the trike.
Wally is of Vietnamese extraction, and is a master manipulator of feet and toes.  As I think I have mentioned before, he has transformed my warped and discolored feet and toenails into presentable condition, and has radically transformed my rotting toenails.  Jacque had to hound me into trying out this "nail salon", and in spite of my redneck attitudes about "Such Things", I am no a Believer.  His foot treatments have far better results than my Podiatrist, who is a certified Medical Doctor.  Truth.  Believe it.
While being worked on by this talented young fellow, a little red headed girl who was not-so-patiently accompanying her Auntie who was getting her fingernails primped across the room started making noises that impatient youngsters often exhibit.  Her Auntie tried to shush her, but she wasn't really bothering the rest of us.  She started peeking around from her chair and turned out to be a super-cutie 3-year old redhead.  I couldn't resist making funny faces at her.  It wasn't long  before she started calling me "Paw Paw" every time she turned around to look at me.  That of course is REALLY hard to take, being called "Paw Paw" by cute kiddos.  Made my day.
Speaking of which, the clouds never seemed to go away, but continued to look threatening without producing raindrops.   Thankfully.  But the forecast wind fulfilled predictions and was at times unpleasant to deal with, especially when hitting it head-on.
My homemade extended visor on my bike helmet is fabricated from wonderful material:  Plastic Yellow Oil Can.  Which normally works fine but is a bit too flexible in high winds. and when it flops Down in my face in high gusts it partially blocks my vision.  So I need to exercise my engineering skills and find some better junk material to fashion it from.
About halfway home, a fellow passed me in his pickup and, stopping at the intersection in front of us, got out and started telling me about his Dad or Grand-Dad  who is also a recumbent cyclist who is actually one of those around-the-world travelers.  His name is Bird or Byrd, but so far I haven't been able to find him  in so-called Social Media.
More Good Folks.....

Ride Started: 9:05 AM           Ride Ended:  11:04 AM
Beginning Battery Voltage: 13.0   Ending Battery Voltage:  12.8
Lowest Temp: 60 F Highest Temp: 67 F
Beginning Blood Glucose:  118   Ending BG: 138
Stats from the GPS: Total Miles:  5.27
Overall Average Speed      Moving Avg       Max Speed
  2.7 MPH                              7.0 MPH            22.9  MPH
Total Trip(s) Time                Moving Time      Stopped Time
 1 hour 58 minutes                 45  minutes         1 hour 12  mins

No comments:

Post a Comment