Monday, January 31, 2022

The Day Before the Storm ?

 31 Jan 2022 GPS Tracks

Our area Weather - Guessers are gushing about Another Big Storm that's on its way, surely bringing rain, freezing rain, ICE, and SNOW.  S'posed to blow in tomorrow and Wednesday.
As for Today, it was warm and lovely out.  How could anyone resist the temptation to get outside and go?
Go somewhere??
It was so nice I decided to do a Medium Large Loop around the Big City of Mountain Grove (Pop. 5,000 - something).
I only wore a light windbreaker, and it actually had to be unzipped most of the trip to allow some cool air to invade my armpits.

It was just about 3:30 PM by the time I hit midtown and the main streets, and the streets were PACKED. 
This often happens about this time of day, and we are forced to assume it's because publick schools let out somewhere in there time - wise.
Traffic was backed up for almost 100 yards at the traffic light just north of McDonald's and it might have taken a long time to sneak into the queue without offending anyone or getting smacked by drivers jockeying for position.  BUT a kind soul spotted me and left a big gap right before my eyes, allowing me to cross the main street in front of him, straight into McDonald's big parking lot, which allowed easy re-entry when the line of cars actually began moving again.  Arrived at the Big Box Store unscathed.
I checked my blood sugar (BG) and found it was dropping precipitously and consumed some of my "emergency sweets" to get it back up where the docs tell me it belongs.
Which was a Good Thing since walking around Big Box fruitlessly searching for ordinary items seems more tiring to me than climbing hills in Grandma Gear on the Catrike .
Finally finding most of what I was after, I trundled for home.
I had started out thinking I'd take the outermost streets home to rack up the most miles, but since my BG was not surging AND it was getting close to 5:00 I took the straightest homeward bound streets.
Thank Goodness we are well past the Winter Solstice and darkness doesn't fall upon us at 4:30-ish.

Ride Started:  2:51 PM           Ride Ended:   4:22 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage: 13.5   Ending Battery Voltage:  13.0
Lowest Temp: 57 F Highest Temp: 64 F
Beginning Blood Glucose:  120   Ending BG: 102
Stats from the GPS: Total Miles:  6.47
Overall Average Speed      Moving Avg          Max Speed
  4.2 MPH                              6.4 MPH             27.6  MPH
Total Trip(s) Time              Moving Time        Stopped Time
 1 Hour 33 mins                  1 hour                 33 minutes


No comments:

Post a Comment