Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Wow, Way Behind Here

 21 April Route
22 April Route

24 April Sunday
25 April
26 April Route
27 April
28 April
29 April
5 May 2022  
6 May 
7 May Shortie

As Bored Readers can easily see, I have been quite lax in keeping up with "daily" recordings of my meager trike travels and adventures. 
As one can see, I ride a lot, if not far, and I repeat again my conviction that even short forays pumping my skinny legs and sore feet on the pedals helps both with reducing Blood Glucose levels and improving my mood and state of mind for this aged diabetic.

                                      A Reminder I've recently had my Head Examined

 Not too many comments on any of these "trips" except for one.
On the 6 May ride I encountered something I'd not before experienced:  As I approached an intersection in the middle of town, a car pulled out right in FRONT of me, as I was about to turn in front of HIM to turn left.  I was wearing my silly yellow bright "eye-catching" cycling jacket, had my left arm extended to indicate  my impending turn, and all that.   Obviously the driver didn't see or notice me.  BUT I have both brakes, steering, and sufficient alertness that I was able to apply brakes, turn sharply to the other side of the street to avoid slamming into him, and all was well.  The offending driver didn't stop to apologize and I didn't care to engage in conversation with him.  My only conversation was a fervent THANKS to Heavenly Father for saving my feeble hide... Again.
The rest of that trip was comparatively fine and dandy.
The May 7 "shortie" ride was with the BOB trailer and an empty 5 gallon gas can over a couple blocks to refill the container with expensive fuel for our Craftsman riding lawn mower.
As I was refilling the container, a dude on the other side of the  pump snarkily asked me "What kind of  Mileage do you get out of that thimg?"  Of course I answered "Terrible!!  I can only make it a few miles before I run out of Gas!!"  I told him the truth, of course.
Now that we suddenly have hot weather - from one day to the next over the last weekend - I am again wearing shorts instead of long pants and jackets to stay warm.  I plan to take another ride to our local Big Box Store to pick up some necessities.  I'd better get going before it heats up too much.

Ride Started: 4:46 PM           Ride Ended:  4:56 PM 
Beginning Battery Voltage: 13.7  Ending Battery Voltage:  13.0
Lowest Temp: 67 F Highest Temp: 82 F
Beginning Blood Glucose:  150   Ending BG: 110
Stats from the GPS: Total Miles:   .48 (!!)
Overall Average Speed      Moving Avg       Max Speed
 2.7 MPH                           5.6 MPH              12.7 MPH
Total Trip(s) Time            Moving Time      Stopped Time
 10  mins  40 seconds           5 minutes          5 Minutos

No comments:

Post a Comment