Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Who, ME complain?

 

Today's GPS / Ham Radio Tracking 

I'm TRYING to get out of the house and get pedaling earlier in the day since it's rapidly approaching summertime heat.
So I got going maybe an hour before NOON which doesn't quite qualify.
We had a mild rain last evening just about sundown which we appreciate.
Humidity wasn't at all bad, though surely it will be soon enough.
I planned to do a few more miles than I wound up with, but my blood sugar was already falling  by the time I started out so I shortened the itinerary.
I failed to mention I rode around yesterday:  Yesterday Tuesday blah blah
- And just before I crossed the tracks, almost home, I passed a small cluster of young kiddos waving at me very friendly - like.   The oldest, a boy of maybe 9 or 10, hollered at me:  "I JUST SAW YOU ON YOUTUBE !!"
I waved back, smiled goofily, and when I got home, sure enough:
I couldn't find ANY such thing on Youtube.  He probably spotted some other nut on a recumbent tricycle somewhere.  It's great to be famous, of course.
Today I pulled off the pavement into the grass a few times to allow drivers to pass without having to slow down behind me waiting for oncoming vehicles to  pass.
Around here, most drivers do pause behind me and wait without complaint - But when I'm on Highway 95 with semis and speeders hoping to maintain speed, I try to give THEM the courtesy they so often show to me.  I suspect there  are a few side streets that I could use to bypass much of that leg of the route, so I'm going to do some prior mapping and plaanning for next time.


 

For now, my sore feet seem to have cooled off a bit, so I better quit here and go get something useful done.

Ride Started: 11:17 AM           Ride Ended:  11:45 AM 
Beginning Battery Voltage: 13.0  Ending Battery Voltage:  12.8
Lowest Temp: 75 F Highest Temp: 82 F
Beginning Blood Glucose:  190   Ending BG: 60
Stats from the GPS: Total Miles:  3.66
Overall Average Speed      Moving Avg       Max Speed
 7.9 MPH                             8.3 MPH            20 MPH
Total Trip(s) Time             Moving Time      Stopped Time
  28 minutes                     27 minutes           2 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment