Saturday, May 20, 2023

Still Kicking (and Pedaling)

Yesterday (Friday) APRS trike-track via Ham Radio 

Today's (Saturday) Tracking 

I'm so far behind in everything I can't even FIND my behind.  But never mind..

One would think, being retired and living on sociable security and limited savings, that time to do things would be plentiful.
Not so.  Even knowing my remaining time on Earth is limited, I stay busy trying to keep up the yard, haul out the trash, walk the dogs, keep up with honeydews, etc., etc.  With all that to keep me occupied, you'd think I didn't have any time to waste.  I don't --but I DO.  Waste time.  Too much internet surfing.... Etc.
We worked up the courage last week to drive the 800+ miles to Albuquerque to visit the kids  and a few grandkids. 
It's been so long since we traveled any overnight distance that I went largely unprepared, with no guitar, trike, etc..... I took a suit for Sunday observances but neglected to take a necktie, so I had to borrow one from Son Jake.
Mostly what I accomplished while there was sitting around resting.  Surfing the Iphone, tremendous exercise don'tcha know.

Of the 4 days we were there, I did get outside and walk around the block.  ONCE.
Our wee little Ferd Ecosport had been packed to the gills and could not have possibly hauled my Catrike but I sure missed it - both for enjoyment and exercise.
The tiny vehicle does have roof rails, so maybe I can find some brackets that will allow me to somehow "armstrong" my trike to the roof for future travels.

Now, today, I got a bit of work done, as well as a very short trike ride.  My  head is again getting a bit too shaggy - so I interrupted my yard work and rode the short distance to our only barbershop.  Our local barber retired, so the facility is now manned by hired barbers who come from out of town.  First come, first served, no appontments accepted.  No phone number.  When I turned the corner I noticed the barber pole was not rotating - and sure enough, it was closed.  At 2:30 PM or so.  Sigh.
I noticed, as I rode around the block, that the whole town seemed quite dead.
However, the CHC home center was still open so I pulled in and spent a few dollars on gardening water  accessories.
The changing season has reverted me to wearing shorts, a thing I never engaged in before moving to Missouri.  today was almost cool enough for me to be happy in long pants.  OH Well.
I succeedede with a few mild chores, nothing that tedious, but my feet were paining me.  The dogs' foot licking treatments worked wonders and now I'm relatively painless.


Ride Started: 2:35 PM           Ride Ended:  3.02 PM 
Beginning Battery Voltage: 13.6  Ending Battery Voltage:  12.9
Lowest Temp: 67 F Highest Temp:   76 F
Beginning Blood Glucose:  160   Ending BG: 150
Stats from the GPS: Total Miles:  1.57
Overall Average Speed      Moving Avg       Max Speed
 4.0 MPH                             7.0 MPH            13.4 MPH
    Total Trip(s) Time             Moving Time      Stopped Time
  24 minutes                          14 minutes         10 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment