Tuesday, May 1, 2012

May Day, Short Ride, Beautimous Weather

East Mountain Tracking Needs Some Help
Today was my first bike ride since returning home from the round-the-midwest RV trip of the last 3 weeks.  I had hoped to do at least a short ride yesterday, Monday, but ran out of time.  All my retired friends have turned out to be all too correct when they warned me that I would find it even harder to find spare time after retirement than when I had a full time job.  It doesn't make sense, but it's all too true. 
Anyway, I initially thought to ride all the way to Albuquerque and back, close to a 40-miler all told, since I was supposed to meet Jacque at Two Wheel Drive so she could test drive a Catrike.  She has taken a couple falls off her 2-wheel recumbent and is thirsting for a more stable trike instead.
Her recumbent lost its derailleur hanger in Illinois and I just got it repaired with parts off one of our "yard decoration" donor bikes yesterday evening.
Short Story Long, I left home too late this morning and only got a few miles down N-14 before she called on the cell phone and reminded me she had a hair appointment and - at my current location and speed - I wasn't going to make it in time for our rendezvous.  So, being wimpy from lack of recent riding, I turned around and came home instead.  Climbed "Marco Polo Hill" twice withing the space of about 20 minutes.  Fortunately it's an easier climb going north (Home) than south, even though it looks scarier until you've ridden both directions.
Beginning Battery Voltage: 12.5                         Ending Voltage: 12.5
Ride's Lowest Temperature: 66 degrees F -- Highest Temperature: 73 F
Stats from the GPS: Total Miles:      10.95
Overall average speed            Moving Avg               Max Speed
05.5 MPH                               07.7 MPH                   32.0 MPH
Total Trip time                       Moving Time             Stopped Time
  2 hours  0 mins                    1  hour 25 mins          34 mins 20 secs

No comments:

Post a Comment