Friday, July 26, 2013

Friday First Ride of the Week

I have been busy all week, too busy to exercise, ride the bike/trike, and stay healthy.
This morning I was busy, as usual, this time loading all the trash bags from the cans outside to the trash trailer for a trip to the transfer station, known in former times as "The Dump".
Meanwhilst, Jacque dug out her nigh-unused Catrike and refitted it with a basket big enough for the 2 little doggies, Tink and Jazzy.
She decided while I was going to the Transfer Station in the Petro-Burner (Ford Explorer) she would ride her trike with the doggies to the Post Office. 
Well.
"I" need exercise as much or more than anybody.... right?  I decided I could saddle up my recumbent 2-wheeler and ride down the goat path to the paved road and catch up with her if I got with the program.... and the trash shouldn't go anywhere without me while I was gone.
So I did. 
I'm always surprised, even though I've been doing this pretty steadily for years, how much fun it is and how great it feels to get out and ride, even with stiff outa-shape leg muscles.
Riding separate pedal-machines reminded us, however, how much better it is when riding together to RIDE together..... on the tandem recumbent Terratrike .
Well, now that I got my breath back, I got some trash to haul.
Stats from the GPS: Total Miles:  6.30
Overall average speed            Moving Avg               Max Speed
  2.6 MPH                                 6.1 MPH                    20.8 MPH
Total Trip time                       Moving Time             Stopped Time
  1 hour 25 mins                       1 hour                      23 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment