Friday, June 13, 2014

Hey, Short Rides are Better than No Rides

The weather was a bit spotty today, with a few light sprinkles.
I really really hate to miss a day riding, which I manage to do all too often anyway.

So, I just did a quick Post Office and back run which is certainly not impressive but certainly a good workout chugging up that long hill.
I never do impressive anyway.
On the way back, I noticed something that looked like a yellow shirt on a bike coming strong about a quarter mile behind me.  Of course this motivated me to give it all I had to try and keep him behind me but when I started up the first hill going home he passed me like I was sitting still.  A large-butt type too.  Too good to even say Hey or Hi as he went by.  I backed off after he smoked me to save some steam to top the hill with and noticed he did the same thing although taking care to not let me catch up with him again.  Had I used any strategic riding and conserved my strength a bit I might have caught up to him on the second hill, as he seemed to have lost a lot of momentum by then.
Such are the struggles of Wannabee Racers..... and Old Geezers on Wheels....
I have read other  cyclists' amazement when someone with a, er, shall I say, non aerodynamic profile, passes them with great vigor.  Those big legs can pack a punch, man......

Trip Started:  12:31 PM    Trip Ended:  1:30 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage:  13.1        Ending Voltage: 13.1
Lowest Temp  82 F      Highest Temp:  87 F
Stats from the GPS:    Total Miles:  5.53
Overall average speed            Moving Avg               Max Speed
  5.2 MPH                                7.6 MPH                    29.0 MPH
Total Trip time                       Moving Time             Stopped Time
1 hour  3 mins                       43 mins 52 secs          20 mins  7 secs

No comments:

Post a Comment