Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Signs of the Times

Today's Spotty Tracking via GPS and Ham Radio

We Need this Sign on OUR Gate!
I hadn't ridden in a few days due to various lame excuses:
-It's been raining and everything has been wet (NOT complaining!)
-I spent most of Monday driving the tractor over to Daughter Sarah's house to mow their 3 acres of weeds
-Too Busy to Stay Healthy, Etc.
Yesterday, Tuesday, I just sorta took the day off and didn't do much of anything except a visit to our friendly local acupuncturist for a neck & shoulder treatment.  Second visit for this sort of treatment and am underwhelmed with the results.  As with chiropractic, I leave the office hurting worse than when I went inside.  BAH
Usually my sore neck & shoulder receive at least temporary relief while riding the bike, so I did a ride today in spite of not being in tip-top  condition.  It was great, terrific weather and temperatures and all that, but the last few miles before arriving home produced a fair amount of stiffness and soreness.  What can I say?  Getting Old Sucks...
I noticed the "Ignore the Dogs, Beware of the Owners" sign as I rode past a place where I don't recall seeing such a sign before.  Cool sign, I thought.
While driving the tractor over to Darling Daughter's house, a couple in a pickup stopped me and asked if I could come mow THEIR acreage and how much I'd charge.  So now I have ANOTHER project to do that requires attention soonish.

Ride Started:  11:21 AM    Ride Ended:  1:06 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage:  14.0       Ending Voltage: 13.1
Lowest Temp  78 F      Highest Temp:  87 F
Stats from the GPS:    Total Miles:  12.52
Overall average speed            Moving Avg               Max Speed
  7.1 MPH                               8.7 MPH                    33.3 MPH
Total Trip time                       Moving Time             Stopped Time
1 hour  45 mins                      1 hour 26 mins          19 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment