Saturday, December 6, 2014

Short Short SHORT Ride

Today's REALLY Short Tracking

Much too long since riding, again.  Helped a friend with some carpentry work on his house for several days, which is one excuse.
Yesterday, Friday, we had an all-afternoon  commitment but I was determined to ride at least a few miles.  We had an all day rain Thursday so our goat-path road was soggy and boggy so I didn't want to ride the bike through that sludge.  Mounted the bike rack on the Ford Exploder and drove the recumbent 2-wheeler down to the pavement and rode from there a few precious miles.  I was very short on time and was stoking along when the cell phone rang.  It was a good friend I needed to talk to so I couldn't just cut it short and hang up and ride.  I sat stopped on the side of the road for a few minutes yakking and then took off riding one-handed for a mile or so, still on the phone.  Not too safe but somehow I avoided any problems and turned around after only a mile and a half, as I needed to get back and get dressed for our afternoon LDS temple work.  I was again shocked at how quickly I "lose my legs" when I don't ride regularly.

Ride Started: 10:36 AM    Ride Ended:  11:04 AM
Beginning Battery Voltage:  13.4       Ending Voltage: 13.0
Lowest Temp  42 F      Highest Temp:  52 F 
Stats from the GPS:    Total Miles:  3.05
Overall average speed            Moving Avg               Max Speed
  6.4 MPH                               8.6 MPH                     25.3 MPH
Total Trip time                       Moving Time             Stopped Time
28 minutes                             21 minutes                 7 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment