Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Passing Old Men Ain't Hard.....

Today's Track Provided by GPS, APRS, and Ham Radio

I woulda gotten in an early morning ride but my current excuse is thus:
When Jacque was starting her Subaru and getting ready to drive away, I noticed her left rear tire was very low.  It was low yesterday, too, so I had her pull over to the tool shed so I could top it off again.  Well, it had even LESS pressure this morning than it had yesterday (it registered maybe 10 psi yesterday and no reading today).  I told her we'd swap cars:  She could drive my Ford Exploder on her sewing jaunts and I would high-tail the Subaru to Discount Tire on Juan Tabo and get the tire repaired and the overdue rotation done.
So that took up most of the morning, leaving Tink and me just enough time to get an afternoon ride.

Today's ride involved only Tinkerbell and me, since Jazzy went with Jacque to a quilting club and a friend's house for a sewing session.  Our goat-path mud-bog mile of private road between our house and the pavement of Frost Road has dried up almost completely, making it safe to ride the bike all the way to and from the house.  Everybody is starting to worry about the early spring-like weather but my attitude is ENJOY IT - while it lasts.  Anyone who thinks our winter is over is fooling themselves.  Yes, the trees are budding out and the bugs are bugging out, but the inevitable late frosts in the rest of February, March, and April always come and cause problems for plants and insects jumping the gun.
We jumped the gun and rode without windbreaker or jacket today.  We had the windbreaker tied on the pannier next to Tink but never put it on. 
It got just a bit too cool screaming down the hills but we only zipped up the front of our Velcro-modified tee shirt and kept going, having to rip it open again in front while climbing hills along the way.

Today's thrilling video just shows a speed-racer easily passing  an old fart...... ME.


Some day I will catch up to an old drunk or an elderly lady on a bike and actually pass someone myself.  I'll be sure to post THAT thrilling video.
The warm wonderful weather is drawing all the cyclists out.  Tink and I must have passed half a dozen this afternoon.

Ride Started: 2:27 PM    Ride Ended:  4:56 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage:  13.8   Ending Voltage: 13.1  Lowest: 12.4
Lowest Temp  63 F      Highest Temp:  71 F 
Stats from the GPS:    Total Miles:  10:52
Overall average speed            Moving Avg               Max Speed
  6.2 MPH                                8.0 MPH                    29.4 MPH
Total Trip time                       Moving Time             Stopped Time
1 hour 42 mins                      1 hour  18 mins          23  minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment