Thursday, February 5, 2015

Thursday Ride, More Great Weather

Today's Tracking via APRS and Ham Radio
I wasn't able to scratch out time to ride Tuesday and Wednesday because I was installing a trailer hitch on the back of Jacque's Subaru.  This little car would self-destruct if a large heavy load was towed with it, but it should work fine with our little 4 X 8 trailer we use to haul bikes, trikes, and trash.  We took it on a test spin yesterday around the neighborhood and it towed the trailer and recumbent bike just fine, but it was too close to sundown for me to unload the bike and take off on a ride.... even though the weather all week has been pretty wonderful.
Jacque took Tinkerbell to her sewing klatch today so it was just Jazzy and me.  These doggies are pretty wonderful traveling buddies, even though they require regular potty breaks.  This is no trouble since I require even more potty breaks than they do.
I didn't have to drive very far today to find a solid, dry, place to park and saddle up the bike.  The same spot I normally use, which was nothing but a slimy sloppy mud-bog for the last 2 weeks, is now dried up enough to walk and drive and even ride the bike on.  This  in spite of the impromptu parking  area being bare dirt.
I got rolling just before 4 PM, and the Albuquerque commuter going-home traffic was quite thick.  Plenty of wide shoulders along this stretch of Frost Road, so I didn't receive any close encounters with anyone except....
I was approaching the intersection of Frost Road and Mountain Valley when a van came up behind me, and not wanting to jostle with the van for position  at the intersection, I slowed almost to a stop trying to let it get past me into the turnoff.  I was pleasantly surprised to see why they were slowing down just as much as I was:  They were a dear family of friends wanting to say "HI" to me..



The last part of the video shows Brian K. passing me as I was heading home and he was headed East back toward Edgewood.  There's not yet a plethora of cyclists out roaming the roads, but Brian must be out almost every day since I've been meeting him lately almost every time **I** ride.

Ride Started: 3:39 PM    Ride Ended:  4:57 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage:  13.7   Ending Voltage: 13.0  Lowest: 11.9
Lowest Temp  35 F      Highest Temp:  64 F 
Stats from the GPS:    Total Miles:  9:33
Overall average speed            Moving Avg               Max Speed
  6.7 MPH                                9.2 MPH                    30.8 MPH
Total Trip time                       Moving Time             Stopped Time
1 hour 22 mins                       1 hour                        22  minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment