Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Cure for Sore Legs?

Today's Tracking via Ham Radio and APRS

Yesterday was cloudy and cold and threatening all day, leading me to stay home, avoid the bike, and work on installing our new flooring in our RV.  This involves removal of the 17-year -old carpet flooring and the nasty dirt collected underneath it and installing new vinyl flooring strips that are about 36" by 8".  While the total square footage is quite small, all the nooks and crannies and angles of cutting, yada, yada, means I was up and down on my sore knees much of the day, and in spite of frequent breaks, I was WHUPPED by the end of the day, seemingly more so than had I ridden  the bike a good long ways.
This morning arose cloudy and soupy looking, but cleared off about 10:00 AM.  I arose, however, stiff and sore;  my butt and legs and joints were really painful.  All that bending and kneeling and stooping was hard on this old man.  With the weather so sunny  I could not resist taking a ride though it meant trailering the bike down to the pavement to keep it out of the nasty mud left over from yesterday.
Jacque had abandoned both dogs home with me, so they got to come along too.
I again left the GoPro camera behind safely plugged into the charger so no thrilling videos today.  As is the case most days.....
Of course, once we got about halfway through our nine-ish mile ride, it got cloudy and a bit cool.  On the way back we even got hit with almost a dozen raindrops.  Nothing to complain about, it's only May and hardly out of the frost season yet.  It snowed up in the higher elevations yesterday, and has been cold and snowing all across the country.  Don't get me started on global warming.....
Also, just before it got cloudy and cooler, my front shifter cable broke.... leaving me stuck on the smallest chainring, meaning I could only max out at about 12 MPH, except when coasting downhill.  The winds hitting us in the face slowed us down sufficiently that I actually had to pedal a bit to maintain speed down the hills.
Hee.  Looking at my speeds from today might indicate I should stay stuck in the smallest front (Slowest) chainring......
And, believe it or not, the sore legs feel much  better after the bike ride.  Now, back to the RV and sore knees....

Ride Started: 1:15 PM    Ride Ended:  3:49 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage:   14.1   Ending Voltage: 13.1  Lowest:  13.1
Lowest Temp  57 F      Highest Temp:  64 F 
Stats from the GPS:    Total Miles:  9.25
Overall average speed            Moving Avg               Max Speed
  6.2 MPH                              8.6 MPH                  28.1 MPH
Total Trip time                       Moving Time             Stopped Time
1 hours 28 minutes               1 hour 4 minutes         24  minutes 

No comments:

Post a Comment