Thursday, May 7, 2015

Missed Yesterday, not Today

Today's Tracking via Ham Radio and APRS/GPS

Whew.  Another week shot without riding the bike.  Which may seem a trivial thing to all you healthy non-cyclists.  Trouble is, for me, it's almost survival strategy.  Unless someone finally runs me over violently enough to kill me, of course.  I have ALREADY been run over, but not crushed, just dragged underneath the "offenders" car a dozen or so feet across an intersection.  But I lived through that with only a mild spot of road rash to show for it, learned my lesson, and now never assume a driver is going to avoid hitting me if I get in front of him.  Cars are now always waved through;  I cross the street or intersection when and IF I have plenty of room and time to do so. 
Back to the healthy business.  What with my diabetes, low "good" cholesterol and slightly high "bad" cholesterol, and smoldering insanity, I need regular exercise to help things stay under control.  Since bike riding falls into the "FUN" category it's the perfect methodology for helping all the above minor shortcomings in my otherwise perfect personality.  Mercy.  Hard to type that last with my fingers crossed.....
Jacque was in Albuquerque for a doctor's appointment so I had both "Girls" with me, so Tink and Jazzy got to ride along today.  The World's most wonderful lap-dogs. 
The last few days have been cloudy and rainy, helping provide excuses for laziness.  Yesterday, however, I was frustrated because it was so cloudy and intermittently rain-looking that I didn't ride all day, expecting rain at any moment, but it stayed DRY all day and turned out sunny and beautiful just before the sun went down.  Good ole NM weather.  Today was beautiful UNTIL I got rolling on the bike, whereupon a few dark clouds gathered round to follow me.  I even thought I felt a drop hit me once, but nothing undesirable ever happened, just a great mostly-sunny ride with mild temperatures.
With all the recent early-monsoon rains we've had, I trailered the bike down to the pavement to avoid the mud.  Turned out the road had already dried pretty much, but hey.  At least I rode a little, only maybe a mile lessthan if I'd ridden all the way down the goat-path and back.
I ran the GoPro video camera on my helmet today, but nothing interesting happened, so no thrilling videos today.

Ride Started: 11:11 AM    Ride Ended:  12:49 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage:   14.2   Ending Voltage: 13.2  Lowest:  13.1
Lowest Temp  64 F      Highest Temp:  82 F 
Stats from the GPS:    Total Miles:  9.49
Overall average speed            Moving Avg               Max Speed
  5.4 MPH                              8.1 MPH                  28.9 MPH
Total Trip time                       Moving Time             Stopped Time
1 hours 46 minutes               1 hour 12 minutes         34  minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment