Wednesday, October 12, 2016

My, a Windy Tuesday

Tuesday Tracking via APRS and Ham Radio
Now that I'm a free agent again, I am totally free to ride around whenever I want to.  Sorta.
I finally got my first post-mission ride in yesterday, and it was the usual 10-mile loop around our East Mountain neighborhood.
PLUS, the wind was up.  Not violently so, but enough to require a few lower gear-rings than normal during several parts of the ride.  Also, the unpleasantness of having to pedal to maintain speed going DOWNhill....
I love my 2-wheel recumbent, but I'm getting antsy to get my electronics mounted on the new Catrike Road trike so I can enjoy riding it more, especially since it has both higher and lower gears top and bottom for cruising and climbing.
I still maintain balance just fine, but climbing long hills on the 2-wheeler gets tedious at my advanced age and, though I still have no balance issues, crawling along in granny gear on the 2-wheeler means lots of wobbling left and right to STAY upright, whereas with the trike you just keep pedaling and maintaining a steadier course.
Since we have only Windoze 95 on our PC's and laptops, I can no longer upload and edit GoPro videos from my helmet-cam.  GoPro deserted Win 95 shortly after Microsoft did.  Until we get an upgraded system somewhere within our budget and control, I'm stuck with a very expensive but useless camera.  Sigh.
I'm prepping to do a few longer rides, such as 30-milers into Albuquerque and back.  Today would be great but I would run out of time (3 hours or so to do 30 miles through the canyon) waiting for me to get the mods done to the Catrike.  So I guess I'll just wimp out today (Wednesday) and drive into town and, if time permits, do a short ride before or after on the bike.  Gotta maintain my girly figure, don'tcha know.

Ride Started: 12:25 PM    Ride Ended:  2:16 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage:   14.0   Ending Voltage: 13.2  Lowest:  12.5
Lowest Temp  71 F      Highest Temp:  82 F  
Stats from the GPS:    Total Miles:  10.67
Overall average speed            Moving Avg               Max Speed
   5.9 MPH                             7.6 MPH                   24.5 MPH
Total Trip time                       Moving Time             Stopped Time
1 hour 40 mins                      1 hour 23 mins           24 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment