Tuesday, May 30, 2017

70, 17, Now Give Me Twenty

Today's Roundabout Tracking

Well, I've loafed the last few days so it was definitely time to get out on the road again, under my own steam.
I sorta mapped out a route I'd done before, looping down across I-40 to Route 66 and back up again via Gutierrez Canyon Road. In my tiny mind I supposed it was around 30 miles, but it turned  out to be only a wee bit over 20.  Still, it's a very nice route, especially portions of Route 66 and Gutierrez Canyon.
Route 66 is great especially in the newly repaved areas with wide shoulders, and very scenic through here.

Gutierrez Canyon is even more varied and scenic, as well as very low traffic.  It has some fairly steep rollers before arriving at the highest point, after which it's mostly a hair-raising high speed coast downhill in either direction.
The trip began with bright sunshine and cool breezes.  By the time I got past Route 66 and slowly climbing Gutierrez Canyon, the breeze slowed and mostly stopped for the initial climbing effort, and made huffing and puffing a bit more tedious than usual.  I have a close friend who lives in Gutierrez Canyon, and he is usually gone camping this close to weekends with his RV.  I decided to drop in on him just in case he might be home, and sure enough he was.  Had a great visit with him and his wife.  They were in the midst of an ice cream snack and, after mightily forcing myself, I accepted their kind offer of a share of their cold treat.  YUM
I spent a bit of time swapping lies with Paul and by the time I finally bid him a fond goodbye it was getting cloudy and threatening, and we feared I might well get soaked before I got home.
I enjoyed the lack of baking sunshine the rest of the way uphill and home, but was a bit dismayed that the threatening clouds never quite arrived and it was still quite dry when I got home, though it sprinkled a few precious drops later on.

Ride Started: 10:54 AM    Ride Ended:  3:30 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage:   13.9   Ending Voltage: 12.9 Lowest:  12.5
Beginning Blood Glucose:  150   Ending BG Reading: 108 
Lowest Temp 53F      Highest Temp:  84F  
Stats from the GPS:    Total Miles:  20.58
Overall average speed            Moving Avg               Max Speed
  4.4 MPH                             6.7 MPH                   32.4  MPH
Total Trip time                       Moving Time             Stopped Time
4 hours 38 mins                    3 hours 4 mins          1 hour 33  mins

No comments:

Post a Comment