Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Only 17 Miles Today, Drat

Today's Tracking via APRS and Ham Radio

I took yesterday off from any riding but since my legs are still working after the 70 mile ride Saturday, I didn't want to let them sag too much so I came up with an excuse for a ride.  Jacque's car needed antifreeze so I decided to go to Edgewood Autozone to get some on the trike.  I figured 11 miles each way for a total of 22-something miles for thee round trip.
Howsomever, I got going a bit late, after lunch, and at my rates of average speed I should have dinged to the fact it would be later than 4 PM under normal circumstances by the time I could get home.  I had more and longer stops than expected, and this slowed me down and whacked my already shaky schedule.
As I approached the halfway point huffing and puffing to Edgewood, it occurred to me that the Edgewood Walmart was not only a bit closer but might have everything I needed for lower cost.  Since it was on my intended route to Autozone, it was an easy choice.
Walmart not only had what I needed but, as usual, their displays enticed me to spend a few more bucks on other items, just as they schemed when they laid out these stores.
I called Jacque and asked for a pick-me-up-early rescue since I didn't want to be grimacing at the lowering sun about 5-6 PM.  She agreed to meet me at my daughter's place along old Route 66 just west of Edgewood.
66 wasn't too bad and the shoulder thankfully had a shoulder with NO rumble strips so it wasn't long before I arrived at the daughter's place only a few minutes before Jacque showed up.
17 miles wasn't so bad after all, and I enjoyed the short stretch of Route 66 I got to ride.

Ride Started: 12:03 PM    Ride Ended:  4:08 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage:   13.5   Ending Voltage: 12.8  Highest:  12.8
Beginning Blood Glucose:  187   Ending BG Reading: 61 
Lowest Temp  60F      Highest Temp:  71F  
Stats from the GPS:    Total Miles:  17.11
Overall average speed            Moving Avg               Max Speed
  5.1 MPH                             6.9 MPH                   27.1  MPH
Total Trip time                       Moving Time             Stopped Time
3 hours 21 mins                    2 hours 28 mins        53  mins

No comments:

Post a Comment