Monday, May 1, 2017

May Day

Today's Terrific Tracking via GPS and Ham Radio

The last few days have involved pukey weather for cycling.  We have both gotten severe cases of cabin fever from sitting at home watching the snow accumulate, so close to May, keeping the fire going in the wood stove, and getting precious little exercise.  Saturday morning we awoke to 3-4" of wet heavy snow and it accumulated more all day until early evening.  Yesterday morning, Sunday, we drove to church meetings through a winter wonderland, with the sun shining brightly.

By the time we got home from church late in the afternoon the snow was almost completely gone.
This morning we awoke to blue clear skies, as George Strait would put it, and it quickly warmed up, allowing us to let the morning fire go out in the stove.  I was determined to make up for  lost time but Jacque's had a bit of a growling gut so she decided to let me outside alone.  Since she was home to keep the dogs occupied, I saddled up and rode away without a beast of burden riding with me.
Very hard to adjust this warm balmy day with the freezing temperatures and snow and dark skies of the last 3 days.  Here in NM we're used to the idea of "15 minutes between weather changes", but Jacque claims they say the same saying in Illinois, Michigan, California;  everywhere.
I thought I'd have to start off with just a short ride today - again - but it was so fabulous outside I did my usual boring 10-mile-ish loop out to Mountain Valley road and back.
After turning around at Mountain Valley and Entranosa Road, I discovered a fairly stiff head wind coming at me, but it didn't bother me much at all.  I do believe the silly little windshield helps in cutting through the wind.  Now that I'm convinced, I need to find out how much the little plastic bubbles cost to see if we can afford
installing them on our other rides.

Ride Started: 12:16  PM    Ride Ended:  2:12  PM
Beginning Battery Voltage:   13.4   Ending Voltage: 12.9  Lowest:  12.5
Beginning Blood Glucose:  212  Ending BG Reading:  55 
Lowest Temp  60 F      Highest Temp:  75 F  
Stats from the GPS:    Total Miles:  10.57
Overall average speed            Moving Avg               Max Speed
  5.4 MPH                             6.8 MPH                   30.7 MPH
Total Trip time                       Moving Time             Stopped Time
1 hour 56 mins                      1 hour 33 mins          23 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment