Tuesday, October 10, 2017

A Fabulous Day for Riding Indeed

Today's impressive tracking

Today's ride wound around the same 15 mile loop I rode a few days ago.  I was impressed with the radio coverage with my newly elevated antennas but upon comparison with the route from last Monday I see the coverage is no better, and perhaps a bit lacking in comparison.  The higher flags on top of the antennas help motorists to spot me earlier but evidently I'm getting no increase in radio range.  Sigh.  Oh Well.
Gutierrez Canyon is a lovely place to ride with the scenic area and low traffic.  It does have some steep climbs but it's a fun route.
This is Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta week and thousands of folks are here to participate and attend.  Lots of visitors heard on the ham radio today.  I enjoyed talking to several and  hearing them talking to others.
It is definitely getting pretty nippy now.  I wore my windbreaker until about the halfway point and it was a bit chilly without it.
My insulin pump ran out of insulin also about halfway through the ride.  I continued riding anyway and checked my blood glucose to make sure it didn't get too high.  It actually got down to 59 - this after running out of insulin - and I "forced" myself to eat a cookie to continue climbing the hills. Yum.

Ride Started: 11:47 AM    Ride Ended:  2:21 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage:   13.2   Ending Voltage: 13.0  Lowest:  12.9
Beginning Blood Glucose:  207   Ending BG Reading: 135 
Lowest Temp  50F      Highest Temp:  67F   
Stats from the GPS:    Total Miles:  15.64 
Overall average speed            Moving Avg               Max Speed  
6.1 MPH                                 8.1 MPH                   37.5 MPH 
Total Trip time                       Moving Time             Stopped Time 
2 hours 33 mins                     1 hour 55 mins           37 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment