Monday, January 7, 2019

New Tire & Test Ride

Mountain Grove GPS Tracking

I dragged the Catrike out of the garage today to saddle up and go for a ride.  I again noticed the bald spots on my right front tire and decided, rather than ride it until it blew out and stranded me somewhere, I'd just as well change it out now instead of later.
I had a new tire still in the plastic bag from Amazon so it was not that big of a deal to unpack it and replace the baldie with it.
I noticed when I removed the not-yet-leaky tube it was kinked and pinched in at least two areas.  This size of 20" tire often leads to mistaken orders when buying tubes since there is a difference between the American version of 20" and the Metric version of 35-406 mm.  Thankfully I also had a spare tube with the proper Metric dimensions.  Since it was a front tire I didn't even have to remove the wheel;  I just jacked it up with one of my old 1980's Honda scissors-jacks and changed everything still on the trike.
I don't yet have my garage wired for 220 to light up my big Craftsman compressor, so with a bit of huffing and puffing with the old hand-powered tire pump, everything was copacetic again.
I hitched up the B.O.B. trailer with the intention of taking Tink and Lilly for a doggie-ride but Jacque arrived home from her YMCA gym-session and I decided to leave them home.  Jacque suggested taking a heavy box of surplus stuff to the local thrift store on my way, and since I already had the dog-BOB-trailer attached, I hauled it with that.  Since the thrift store is right across the tracks and around the corner, it was a short haul for the heavy box, and I hardly noticed the weight anyway using the trailer.
My trip was intended to locate a podiatrist's office that I'd found on Google.  I found the office, all right, but no longer occupied by my desired podiatrist or any other.  It was now a laser treatment facility.  So I returned home without an appointment.  Looks like I'll have to drive to another town to find such a physician.
Which, by the time I got home, was someone I sure wish I had found.  My feet were killing me, as usual.  The railroad crossing on Highway 95 was blocked by a passing train, and  I had to wait to cross.  Thankfully I had located some "Sports Rub" with lots of menthol that I used to reduce the pain in the feets fairly rapidly.
The weather today was clear blue skies and relatively balmy temperatures, and no rain for once.

Ride Started:  2:29 PM    Ride Ended:  3:06 PM
Beginning Blood Glucose:  174     Ending BG: 73  
Lowest Temp  64F      Highest Temp: 67 F   
Stats from the GPS:    Total Miles:  3.11
Distance Walked: .2 
mile
Overall average speed            Moving Avg               Max Speed  
5.1 MPH                                   6.5 MPH                    26.6 MPH 
Total Trip time                       Moving Time             Stopped Time 
37 
minutes                              29 minutes                  8 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment