Friday, November 1, 2019

Halloween: Sunny and FREEZING

Today's Mostly Accurate Plotted Route

The last couple days have been COLD and WET.  Zero motivation for riding around the neighborhood(s).

This morning we awoke to our thus-far coldest morning on record for our Missouri area: 26 degrees and icy rain.  Surprisingly, around noonish, though still freezing horribly, the SUN actually came out and it turned into a beautiful afternoon.  Still a freezing breeze, but "warming" tp almost 34 degrees.
Having missed a couple days of "fresh air" and riding, I decided to dig out my cold weather gear and take a ride.  I layered on a couple more layers, dug out my fleece skull cap Jacque made me some years ago, and rode onward.  I did NOT regret the warmth of the layers.  I even wore real shoes with socks, and the feet did not overheat for the first time in who knows when.  About a mile before I got back, I had to unzip the outer layer from my chest when I finally warmed up a bit.   I also accomplished a couple of minor errands during the ride:  I dropped off a bag of surplus goodies to the local Thrift Store across the tracks, and on the way back I stopped into the barber shop on the square to get the surplus hair off my ears.
It was GREAT to be out riding.

Ride Started:    3:19 PM      Ride Ended:  4:32 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage:  13.9  Ending Battery Voltage:  12.9   Lowest Voltage:  12.5
Beginning Blood Glucose:  197      Ending BG: 95
Lowest Temp:  34 F    Highest Temp:  41  F
Stats from the GPS:  Total Miles:   6.09
Distance Walked: .6 mile
Overall Average Speed       Moving Avg          Max Speed
  4.3 
MPH                             6.6 MPH               20.8 MPH 
Total Trip Time                   Moving Time        Stopped  Time
 2 hours 14 mins
                 1 hour 27 mins      46 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment