Sunday, October 27, 2019

Made it Home Before Dark

Today's Straight-Line Route Almost Plot

Jacque fed me one of her hot-chocolate pecan-whipped cream ice cream Sunday Sundaes late this afternoon.  It was, as usual, SO yummy that I decided I'd better take advantage of the limited daylight left to go for a ride to help my insulin pump deal with the carbs consumed.
This morning had dawned with some of the heaviest fog we've seen since moving here, which means it was THICK.  We couldn't even see our Walmart as we drove past on the way to Church, and it's maybe 100 yards off the road.
By the time we left Church around 1-ish PM, the skies were clear and blue and the sun was bright.
This was all still evident when I dragged the trike out of the garage, but the sun was getting low.  Looking at my Iphone mapping, I saw I could make it to a friend's house out past Bell Crossing and back just before the sun set.  So I took off.
Not only was the sun pretty much in my eyes for a few miles heading west, but it was setting faster than I had bargained for.  By the time I arrived at the intersection at our sleepy Mountain Grove Airport, I had decided I was going to cut the trip short and return home in hopes of getting there before dark.  I had 15 minutes of dusk left when I arrived.
An uneventful but enjoyable jaunt, and successful at that.... after the Sunday Sundae feast, my Blood Glucose was only 111.  And again, my mood was noticeably elevated.

Ride Started:    5:38 PM      Ride Ended:  6:18 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage:  13.8  Ending Battery Voltage:  13.0   Lowest Voltage:  13.0
Beginning Blood Glucose:  249      Ending BG: 111
Lowest Temp:  56 F    Highest Temp:  59  F
Stats from the GPS:  Total Miles:   5.15
Distance Walked: .6 mile
Overall Average Speed       Moving Avg          Max Speed
  7.8 
MPH                             8.4 MPH               17.3 MPH 
Total Trip Time                   Moving Time        Stopped  Time
 40 minutes
                         37 minutes            3 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment