Monday, February 1, 2021

Mercy, It's Cold Outside

 Today's Frigid GPS Tracking 

Today was another damp cold day - I doubt it got above freezing all day.
The weather forecast called for the SUN to burn through the cold around noonish.
Of course noon came and went with no sign of sunlight.  Another check of the so-called forecast claimed the sunshine had been postponed until 2;30 to 3:00 PM.  
Well, THAT milestone came and went and still no sun.  I looked outside again and no precip was evident, in spite of the soggy fog, so I decided to saddle up, bundle up, and ride somewhere anyway.
Jacque had a text message that she had a prescription waiting for her, so that was a wonderful "reason" for a trike trip.
I should have bundled up a bit more.  I didn't freeze, but I was a bit too cold for comfort in spite of the heat normally generated by pedaling furiously.  It was COLD. 
But, I had an errand to run, so I kept a-going.
I was going to the Big Box Store to pick up Jacque's prescription, and I had a small item I was looking for as well.
I approached the pharmacist and after an unusually short wait, spelled out the name and birthdate and all that..... To NO avail.  Pharmacist lady says "We don't show anything for her."  After making sure she had the last name spelled correctly, I called Jacque - who verified the text she'd received was a couple days old AND did not specify a medication.
So I thanked the nice lady and wandered around the Big Box looking for my desired two-bit item.
After maybe 20 minutes of looking, I gave up and left.
On the way home I got several waves and several looks from folks who seemed to think I was crazy.
Frankly, I think they were right.  It was great to get out, stretch the old legs, and get some exercise.
I had a last thought about making use of the trip:  I rode past my favorite barber (Murphy's) to see if he might accidentally be open on a Monday. 
No such luck, of course.
The good news:  Made it home safe and sound, with fingers and toes still intact.

Ride Started: 3:02 PM           Ride Ended: 4:06 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage: 13.5   Ending Battery Voltage:  12.8
Lowest Temp: 32 F Highest Temp: 35 F
Beginning Blood Glucose: 182    Ending BG: 112
Stats from the GPS: Total Miles: 5.36
Overall Average Speed      Moving Avg       Max Speed
 4.9 MPH                              8.0 MPH            23.0 MPH
Total Trip Time                    Moving Time      Stopped Time
 1 hour 4  minutes                41 minutes          24 minutes


No comments:

Post a Comment