Friday, January 22, 2021

Another Foggy Ride

 GPS/Ham Radio Tracking

Another trip to the Big Box Store, yada yada.  I stopped along the way to pay the nice lady at Anthony Heating & Air to renew our yearly service contract for our heater and A/C system, which not only gets a lot of workout in this climate but is also dated and worn.... Kinda like Me.
The weather was slightly overcast, after a morning of nice sunshine, and warmer than usual, upper 40's and low 50's.  So I wore only a nylon windbreaker jacket and chose open finger gloves and didn't don the warm skull cap Jacque made me.
Before I got too far the cool breeze was too hard on my pinkies so I stopped and dug out the warm mittens with retractable finger flaps that I normally wear this time of season.  I still wasn't cold elsewhere;  just the fingers.
When I finally got to the Big Store on the north end of town, I was a bit more tired than usual.  As usual I should have checked my Blood Glucose (BG) but as usual, put it off.  I also felt too warm in the jacket but wore it inside while walking around, which I regretted.
As I wandered around the store I was getting a bit more and more fuzzy - brained.  I finally got most of what I was shopping for and got back out to the chained-up trike and fumbled in the pannier to get my blood tester kit out.  BG came in at 61, which isn't that bad for a normal reading, but it's lower than  the recommended 80-120 range my endocrinologist recommends.
I was really feeling punk by now so I dug our my cookie stash and ate a couple.
I still wasn't feeling up to snuff, even after a few minutes resting and digesting, but I didn't want to just remain sitting in front of the store like a homeless dude.  Silly Me.
I took off the jacket since I still felt too warm.
I fished out a glucose tablet from the pannier goodie stock and pedaled out of the parking lot.
Still feeling blah, I pedaled another several hundred yards and, finding a nice abandoned fast food building, pulled into the empty parking lot and took another break.  Still confused and weird, I suspended the insulin pump to stop all delivery.  Now feeling cold, I put the jacket back on.  I finished off the last cookie in the stash and after several more minutes I started to feel human again and rode on toward home.
Of course by the time I got home my BG checked at 61.  By 5 PM it was up to 197.
It's such a common experience to bounce from one end of the scale to the other.  BAH

Ride Started: 1:19 PM           Ride Ended: 2:57 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage: 13.4   Ending Battery Voltage:  12.9
Lowest Temp: 53 F Highest Temp: 57 F
Beginning Blood Glucose: 114    Ending BG: 197
Stats from the GPS: Total Miles: 5.37
Overall Average Speed      Moving Avg       Max Speed
 3.2 MPH                              6.1 MPH            22.7 MPH
Total Trip Time                    Moving Time      Stopped Time
 1 hour 40  minutes                53 minutes          47 minutes



No comments:

Post a Comment